Project Hyrax: johnny's build thread

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Boostinator works fine, it just shits you for a while because you know your hub isn't centered... but then you forget until someone else posts a thread like this one.

Its going to look pretty damn good in any case - jealous af.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Boostinator works fine, and it makes you happy for a while because you know your hub flanges are better centered than a standard boost hub... but then you forget until someone else posts a thread like this one.
FIFY

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Try Yarra Valley Cycles in Lilydale. They always have Hope Hubs in store from what I recall.

Give them a call and see if they'll send it up to you.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, I know, the extra $30 for postage (something that is so fucking small) is, on principle, killing me.

Trying to sort out spokes as well to put them in the same order to try and soften the blow.

Serously, the money I've saved on the frame and other areas is all being eaten away by the huge hike in delivery costs.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Yeah, I know, the extra $30 for postage (something that is so fucking small) is, on principle, killing me.

Trying to sort out spokes as well to put them in the same order to try and soften the blow.

Serously, the money I've saved on the frame and other areas is all being eaten away by the huge hike in delivery costs.
Just get the boostinator. It makes the spoke buying easier as you can just get the same size spokes for both sides of the wheel. You also end up with a stronger wheel.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Just get the boostinator. It makes the spoke buying easier as you can just get the same size spokes for both sides of the wheel. You also end up with a stronger wheel.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Ease up turbo. You’re almost sounding like boost is just marketing BS!

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So this sucks, purchased July 1, but:

Most recent update
Cleared and awaiting international departure
FRANKFURT (DE), GERMANY
Date & time Wed 11 Aug, 2.28am 1

Rims, pedals, grips, etc...
I had the same issue. Have to wait 2 months with no movement before DHL will allow the vendor to make a lost item enquiry. Had a couple of parcels in the last couple of months which mysteriously started moving again at exactly two months. DHL make AusPost look like a well oiled machine.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I had the same issue. Have to wait 2 months with no movement before DHL will allow the vendor to make a lost item enquiry. Had a couple of parcels in the last couple of months which mysteriously started moving again at exactly two months. DHL make AusPost look like a well oiled machine.
I've got DHL saying "We put it on a plane to Australia, your issue is with Auspost now..., and COVID"

Auspost are saying "Sorry, we've got no record of that parcel, never received it, speak to DHL".

HiBike are saying "We'd love to help, but can't. See ya!".

I paid with Paypal, time to see what they say about it and if they will give me my money back.

moorey

call me Mia
I've got DHL saying "We put it on a plane to Australia, your issue is with Auspost now..., and COVID"

Auspost are saying "Sorry, we've got no record of that parcel, never received it, speak to DHL".

HiBike are saying "We'd love to help, but can't. See ya!".

I paid with Paypal, time to see what they say about it and if they will give me my money back.
Chunts! I had similar with forks once. Acknowledged by DHL they’d lost them, said they couldn’t officially call them lost until 6 months elapsed. Said they had received them, then lost all tracking. Wiggle wouldn’t help as DHL said they’d been received.
Turned up out of the blue almost 5 month later. I notified DHL, they said ‘no they haven’t, they’re still missing’. Ok.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Considered it…for pain and suffering…but I’m sure they’d eventually catch on and chase me up with some sort of fraud charges.
I think you overestimate their abilities, or underestimate their incompetents @moorey . Had it happen with 2 packages from the states in the last 6 months @johnny and both were in Australia and AusPost had no idea. Did you get anything from DHL saying they had cleared customs? That's when both of ours went missing for months then just showed up out of the blue.

moorey

call me Mia
I think you overestimate their abilities, or underestimate their incompetents @moorey . Had it happen with 2 packages from the states in the last 6 months @johnny and both were in Australia and AusPost had no idea. Did you get anything from DHL saying they had cleared customs? That's when both of ours went missing for months then just showed up out of the blue.
I got nothing from anyone. Was just waiting out the 6 months to then lodge a lost item claim.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
DHL tell me that the package has left Germany as of 11 Aug, Auspost tell me that it has not arrived in Australia. Neither are taking responsibility for the missing item. Have to read Paypal's T&Cs to work out where I stand.