What are you listening to NOW?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I’ll see your Tom Waites and raise you a Townes Van Zandt. He manages to bring this grizzled old blues man to tears in this vid.
Yeah he does sad pretty darn well. If you haven't seen tales from the tour bus, the first season covers a few country musicians from Townes' era. He pops up in there a little bit. It seems they were all sad and mad druggos!

Jpez

Down on the left!
Yeah he does sad pretty darn well. If you haven't seen tales from the tour bus, the first season covers a few country musicians from Townes' era. He pops up in there a little bit. It seems they were all sad and mad druggos!
Not sure if I have seen it. Will have a look see.

cammas

Seamstress
Been listening to these the last couple of days, very Faith No More esq. but also very talented in their own right

This is a mini movie

and a Covid cover

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member

I always thought this track was written about 9/11, but apparently Yankee Tango Foxtrot was slated to be released on the day and understably pulled.

A great song and album.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

I always thought this track was written about 9/11, but apparently Yankee Tango Foxtrot was slated to be released on the day and understably pulled.

A great song and album.

I quite enjoyed the wilco + Billy Bragg production of mermaid Avenue. Haven't listened to it for years. Thanks for the reminder.

New Maiden album, dropped at the best time for me seeing how I had an unexpected 8 day stay in hospital

I haven't gotten around to listening to the whole album yet. They still rock pretty hard for a bunch of old geezers!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I still find it randomly amusing that the frontwoman of this band hosted a show about chilli-rich foods on SBS.

Fronting this and hosting a TV foodomentary do not immediately seem like intertwined careers, but who cares - she rocks!

[EDIT] - Love the back half of this track too, the driving drum beat gets me buzzin'

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Cant get enough atonal songs about the union movement.
That is how I feel. At least that way I can "sing" along and not be off key. Though admittedly I haven't been swept up in a union sing along for a few years now, it as always a good bit of fun.