Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Scotty675

Cable thief
I rode a mate's Maiko enduro back in the day, my memory seems to think it was a 360 but I also rode a Pursang which was probably where the 360 comes from. It wasn't wonderful.
I will never forget my first ride on a 490. It was a full body shaking experience with an head stinging noise. Very powerful machine. I tried to buy it off my mate 2 weeks after riding it but he just wouldn’t sell. Would be hard to find one for sale these days

Haylex

Likes Dirt
Back to the track - first day in 6 years, loved it!

The car has been 'retired' for a while now and I've just been enjoying it as a street car. My friend just recently picked up this Exige 410 and dragged me back. Was super fun racing with him, two completely different cars that achieve similar results on track.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

The car has been 'retired' for a while now and I've just been enjoying it as a street car. My friend just recently picked up this Exige 410 and dragged me back. Was super fun racing with him, two completely different cars that achieve similar results on track.

Holy shit, that's sexy as. What motor?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur

Great photos.

Mate in Adelaide has an EK VTEC 1.6 track car that he's poured a lot of time, love and defection notices into.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Ask... it won't be but the reaction from the owner can be fun. I had a guy with a 365gtb/4 replica go to great detail about the genuine parts on his car. Windows frames and glass, etc. Yawn.
Ew. Was it based on a 260Z? From memory that's what they used. Still marginally cooler than mutilating a perfectly good MR2 into a F355 or Testarossa.

At least the fake RSRs are actually based on 911s.

Minlak

custom titis
Soooo turns out taking the baffle out of the exhaust was a genius move!!!
Went for a run today and on the dam road where the gears are low and the revs are high it has a wonderous burble and cackle when rolling off the throttle. Found my self downshifting at all the intersections on todays ride just to hear the exhaust.