The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
  1. RWNJ notes slow news day / need to deflect criticism / angry at Twitter coincides with need to fabricate a new culture war that no one else knew was a thing
  2. RWNJ uses platform to instigate fight
  3. ???
  4. profit
in normal times they'd call on their tame police minister for a crackdown on cyclists to create front page outrage. doesnt work so well when no one's going anywhere so they need new ways to distract from the disaster that is our PM.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
There's an easy solution:

• the founding of the church of anzac
  • conscription.

That way nobody ever needs to care, they just attend the annual holy day of obligation and have no choice but to join the ranks when their number is up. ScoMo is going to cream his pants over this!

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Still get the creeps thinking about that one dawn service I naively went to at the War Memorial in Canberra... Was nasty. Glorification, god bothering, jingoism, and propaganda all rolled into one. Gross, and frankly disrespectful as hell for the poor bastards sucked into attending all those shit sandwiches...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Still get the creeps thinking about that one dawn service I naively went to at the War Memorial in Canberra... Was nasty. Glorification, god bothering, jingoism, and propaganda all rolled into one. Gross, and frankly disrespectful as hell for the poor bastards sucked into attending all those shit sandwiches...
Howard turned Anzac Day into the fiasco of chest beating sabre stroking. I am sure there is a correlation with the decline of WW1 and WW2 veterans.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
ANZAC day was started as a recruitment drive and ever since has been nothing but a way to serve propaganda and glorify war.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I wonder how the "why would you inject something into your body when you can just eat more vegetables" crew feel about these two taking up their cause...