The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I don't think they have much choice - there doesn't exactly seem to be a surplus of talent in their ranks and unless Andrews starts publicly advocating paedophilia there's no way the ALP are going to lose the next election. This is probably more about stemming the tide.
This is the thing with Guy, huh? It's just like "We have no new ideas, let's put that dude who everyone hates in in place of the dude no-one knows". They've obviously been learning from federal Labor.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And Guy didnt...? I think his track record as planning minister speaks for itself...
I think the fact the liberal party has won 1 election in the last 25 years is a fair indication of how well they are going no matter who is the leader.. It also means the current party in power can’t weazel their way out of underfunding the health system when it enviably gets smashed with covid patients..

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I think the fact the liberal party has won 1 election in the last 25 years is a fair indication of how well they are going no matter who is the leader.. It also means the current party in power can’t weazel their way out of underfunding the health system when it enviably gets smashed with covid patients..
Most of the healthcare funding comes from the Feds doesn't it?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Actually hold the gov to account, proper scrutiny.. For example Vic parliament sat through 2 world wars and the spanish flu pandemic.. Come 2020/21 parliament gets suspended and they can’t even manage to run it via video conferencing like everybody else has to, including grade preps.. Yet the gov still classifies mp’s as essential workers.. I would love to know exactly what they are essential for considering they can’t do the basics of their jobs. The libs should have piled the pressure on the gov for suspending parliamentary scrutiny. The gov can’t just suspend democracy because it is too hard to facilitate..
Agree with the sentiment, they should still be trying to do something remotely. But then I don't know the ins and out either

Are they sitting on their hands?
Are they holding small meetings and still getting things done?
Is parliament via zoom even feasible?
Would parliament via zoom be better?

I'd be lying if I said I cared overmuch in any case. Everything else is in caretaker mode at the moment so why not politics? I genuinely don't believe any government wants lockdowns, and if they continued on their merry way they'd be lynched for the hypocrisy after shutting the rest of us down.

I think the libspill is pretty funny though. I don't think it really matters who's saying "DAN BAD!". If that continues to be pretty much their only policy they're unlikely to get anywhere fast.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I don't think it really matters who's saying "DAN BAD!". If that continues to be pretty much their only policy they're unlikely to get anywhere fast.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk
Its an effective policy when you have the Murdoch cheer squad on your side...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This guy...fuck me! What in the hell was he thinking with giving himself an exemption???

What a great leader we have!

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur

View attachment 379933
I feel stupider for reading that.

1. RWNJ notes slow news day / need to deflect criticism / angry at Twitter coincides with need to fabricate a new culture war that no one else knew was a thing
  2. RWNJ uses platform to instigate fight
  3. ???
  4. profit

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I feel stupider for reading that.

1. RWNJ notes slow news day / need to deflect criticism / angry at Twitter coincides with need to fabricate a new culture war that no one else knew was a thing
  2. RWNJ uses platform to instigate fight
  3. ???
  4. profit
I think we should all be making the kiddies salute and pledge allegiance to the flag every morning in class. Teach the little shits some respect.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Yeah its fucking ridiculous. The wilful ignorance in this sort of shit is baffling and just plays the same lowest common denominator bullshit that breeds more resentment. Exhausting.
Love it or leave it?

Sigh. Its the sort of shit they've been cultivating and leveraging for years, with great success sadly...

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
latest

View attachment 379933
Is having a crack at the new curriculum going to be 2021s African gangs? Anything to deflect the outrage from the entire Australian population over Scotty giving himself a fathers day pass at the taxpayer expense.