The cooking thread

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Did you make the pastry yourself @beeb
Yep. Wasn't my finest effort (came out a little dry), but I'd just winged it. Should've had a touch more butter I at a guess. Anyway, I slightly pre-cooked it before putting the filling in and it help its shape okay and didn't go soggy. Close enough.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Part of todays home schooling science lesson was what can be done with flour and eggs, so following on from @beeb 's one dish many - meals approach, tonight made a lasagne.

Another 2 meals in that and a bit of left over bolognese mixture for brekky on the weekend.

That all looks damn good, but I now find myself reminded how long it's been since I've had decent bread!

cammas

Seamstress
The youngest one turned 21 today and due to Covid we really can’t do much, so I said do you feel like some homemade sausage rolls?
So we have some standard beef ones, some spinach, ricotta with a touch of feta and then I added some bacon and maple syrup to some of beef ones before rolling them up.

cammas

Seamstress
Is he a big fellow? They look great, but there seems to be a lot. Or are they small,?
Yeah kind of got carried away as I used a whole 10 pack pastry sheets, around 2kgs of mince, they’re around 10cm long and she loved them.
Will be freezing some and sending some to my mum save her cooking.

**edit - what you didn’t see another plate full of the beef ones

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Wow Poodle - fat shamed and assumed gender - I think some one needs some sensitivity training
Just ban him.
In fairness, that is an absolute shit tonne of sausage rolls.
Hope there was no t-sauce contamination allowed?!?!

Minlak

custom titis
Just ban him.
In fairness, that is an absolute shit tonne of sausage rolls.
Hope there was no t-sauce contamination allowed?!?!
So have we established how many in the household? Would be a shit thing not to share if they are family if 10 that’s not too many -