BB compatibility

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Hey guys, so I've aquired a Sram red etap disc groupset which has a 30mm spindle crank with a BB30 bottom bracket.
Trying to find a frame which is compatible is harder than I thought. I've been out of the game a while, and all the new standards have my head spinning.
Is there a simple way to know which frames this groupset (mainly the crankset, but also the electronics routing etc) is compatible with? I'm happy to swap out the BB if need be.
TIA :)

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Firstly, etap is wireless so any potential frame will require routing for the rear brake hose only.
After that, look for something that is native to BB30 or PF30 (46mm ID shell).

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Thanks bear. So no other routing requirements?
Re the BB, I've seen heaps of frames around with Shimano BBs, but it was unclear whether I could swap it out etc. So, 46ID - cheers.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Thanks bear. So no other routing requirements?
Re the BB, I've seen heaps of frames around with Shimano BBs, but it was unclear whether I could swap it out etc. So, 46ID - cheers.
Generally, most frames will have the routing ports for standard gear housing. With Etap, just make sure you get the frame blanks to close them off and prevent water ingress.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
BB30 and PF30 frames are not the same, although they take the same cranks... BB30 has direct-fit bearings in a 42mm bore, while PF30 has the same bearings fitted into intermediary cups that are pressed into the frame, necessitating the larger 46mm bore.