Votes: 8 22.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Go back to south Australia

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Unless you’re speculating on what quantum computing might do, this is not really how it works. And computation speed only relevant to PoW platforms.
we’re not far off having quantum computing capability and the fact that the computation speed is only relevant to PoW belies the fact that iirc Bitcoin - the largest and most widely known crypto by a country mile- is part of the Proof of Work family and therefore still very much important to the argument.

unless of course, it’s yesterday’s news in which case my original point still stands.

*Incidentally as we all know there is a worldwide semiconductor shortage on the go right now and I can’t buy my long-listed for GR Yaris because fucking Toyota have stopped taking orders because of this chip shortage. Same goes for the PS5!
The last thing we need is to be wasting what little available silicon we have on perpetuating this invisible nerd token pyramid scheme!

safreek

OK, I'm back.
Haven't really had much to say about my investment into crypt, it all went negative about 3 weeks after I started, fluctuating from 20% up to 45% down. 65% down was a hard, bitter pill to swallow but I stuck with it putting more and more money in. My main single crypto was eth and I was pretty chuffed when I finally possessed a complete coin/token whatever you wish to call it.
Some was bought at ATH and some in total dip, in the end it worked out to be around $2600 averaged for the coin. I set a sell limit of $4000 really as a bit of a joke to myself as I never expected it to reach that til next year.
I woke up a couple days ago to an email telling me that my coin had been sold :D fucken bam, $1400 profit. Now I sit back waiting for it to dip again, I hope.
I have crypto not linked to eth and it has gone up slowly but all the crypto I have that is used through etc is 15 to 20% up.
It is certainly a game for the strong minded, many a time I questioned my commitment as did my partner.
I am still committed to crypto and all money from profits will go back into it when dips happen.
I am now selling vintage bike parts to get ready for the recession and the inevitable crash of a totally overpriced stock market.

The thing that really cracks me up:D is that people think stocks are backed by real assets, let's just say you have shares in a huge multinational, if they go broke do you really think you will get a cracker back. Good luck on that, they are all financed by banks and banks take the front seat on being paid first.
Seriously, afterpay has no real assets, it's a paper business that can give nothing back if liquidated. Funny that, bit like a shitcoin in crypto

Flow-Rider

Burner
OK, I'm back.
Haven't really had much to say about my investment into crypt, it all went negative about 3 weeks after I started, fluctuating from 20% up to 45% down. 65% down was a hard, bitter pill to swallow but I stuck with it putting more and more money in. My main single crypto was eth and I was pretty chuffed when I finally possessed a complete coin/token whatever you wish to call it.
Some was bought at ATH and some in total dip, in the end it worked out to be around $2600 averaged for the coin. I set a sell limit of $4000 really as a bit of a joke to myself as I never expected it to reach that til next year.
I woke up a couple days ago to an email telling me that my coin had been sold :D fucken bam, $1400 profit. Now I sit back waiting for it to dip again, I hope.
I have crypto not linked to eth and it has gone up slowly but all the crypto I have that is used through etc is 15 to 20% up.
It is certainly a game for the strong minded, many a time I questioned my commitment as did my partner.
I am still committed to crypto and all money from profits will go back into it when dips happen.
I am now selling vintage bike parts to get ready for the recession and the inevitable crash of a totally overpriced stock market.

The thing that really cracks me up:D is that people think stocks are backed by real assets, let's just say you have shares in a huge multinational, if they go broke do you really think you will get a cracker back. Good luck on that, they are all financed by banks and banks take the front seat on being paid first.
Seriously, afterpay has no real assets, it's a paper business that can give nothing back if liquidated. Funny that, bit like a shitcoin in crypto
What firm are you using to buy and sell?

(Share market)
When large companies go insolvent or into receivership, there's an order to which people that are owed money get paid, understanding money going in and out, and possible losses is quite a job in itself, even accountants struggle with it. It's up to yourself to do the research or pay someone to do it for you to check what assets a company holds to back their shares, there's still ways that CEO's can lie and thieve this shit too but sold assets are usually listed on financial reports. Some companies do hold assets of value, some sell the assets or borrow against them to grow the business, some sell the assets to bump up the figures so that CEO's can quit and retire with profits from their allocated shares in the company. The type of stuff that goes on in companies could be written into a book with 2000 pages.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
we’re not far off having quantum computing capability...
The sort of quantum computing capability that can crack crypto currencies (and other large prime number based encryption/signing techniques) is still a long way off. Current state of the art (from memory) is around 53 qubits. You need about 1,000,000 qubits to crack current crypto with a quantum computer. Scaling quantum computers has very real issues, so a 128 qubit machine is much more than twice as difficult as a 64 qubit machine. The quantum effects / superpositioning that make quantum computers so amazing are the exact things that make it so difficult to have many qubits operating in a coordinated manner.

Quantum computing may well get there or it may be another room temperature superconductor / cold fusion etc.

safreek

Some people deliberately sell at a loss and then rebuy when the price is a lot lower.
To be honest I nearly crumbled around Month ago, pretty hard to sell at much of a loss, portfolio now only 2% down. Seems weird but I want everything to drop so I can get in for a lot more. I prefer big profit over tax losses. Damn, that just made me realize I am an old man

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
To be honest I nearly crumbled around Month ago, pretty hard to sell at much of a loss, portfolio now only 2% down. Seems weird but I want everything to drop so I can get in for a lot more. I prefer big profit over tax losses. Damn, that just made me realize I am an old man
You don't set stop losses?

safreek

You don't set stop losses?
I just set to buy at low, sell at unrealistic highs, that's why I was very surprised with the eth. To be honest it's a bit of fun with money that would of already been spent on holidays, weed and fast transgender lass's.

I have a belief that it's going to be the same as the stock market soon with regulation, I only have a couple lottery coin/token.

In the near future I am going to actually study the dynamics behind the whole crypto scene, I do believe a lot of it is luck though.

I have gone through about a year's worth of professional traders predictions and the majority were very wrong, the others were pretty vague so could be interpreted in many ways.

safreek

Anyone keeping an eye on a lot of the coin/tokens in the last day or so. It's going mad as, some of mine have gone up more than 50 percent today from my buying price.

Predictions on whether I should profit grab or hodl. One would believe you should take the gravy and hope for a short term drop.
Cryto experts, give me some knowledge

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I like that you come to a mtb forum for expert crypto advice, and I too am anticipating some sage, measured advice.