What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Had the first run on the Waltly hardtail yesterday. Snappy and light in the rear end. Very rusty on a hardtail!

I hate to say it, but the green pedals have to go. They were never part of the original plan and as soon as I can find a T15 bit (to shorten the pins), I'll have the gunmetal Sixpack pedals on.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Went for a spin on some ‘shhhhh’ trails near Red Hill, wink wink. Found out that the downside of trails that are somewhat less than legal, are that the super awesome trail builders can take it upon themselves to add a metre to a gap and give no warning.

Needless to say - I cased the shit out of it…
4CB87112-6BA0-48DE-A0B5-4FB4BDA1A8D6.jpeg

Edit: can’t rotate the photo - sorry

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Couldn't bring myself to sell the Highball frame it when I listed it a while back.

I guess it'll sort of be a mountain bike still, sort of... It'll have flat bars at least. Build will be a flat-bar gravel/bike path weight-weenie(ish) spec for when I just want to head out for a ride to spin the legs over, or you know - "if" (when) local lockdown rides happen again.

@Scotty675 - still keeping the colour-scheme tradition alive. ;)

Last edited:

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pop a 3 speed , go old Skool sturmey archer ?
I have a masi with a 3 speed back pedal brake ,it’s a lot of fun to ride and very different - cracks along ….. hills are hard - ish
- I am sort of out of shape / haven’t really ridden much for 2 months tho ……

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Pop a 3 speed , go old Skool sturmey archer ?
I have a masi with a 3 speed back pedal brake ,it’s a lot of fun to ride and very different - cracks along ….. hills are hard - ish
- I am sort of out of shape / haven’t really ridden much for 2 months tho ……
I love the idea, but I already have a rear wheel built (with a Hope Pro-4) and am trying to keep the costs down (somewhat). I've aready splurged on the fork and also ordered some Hope X2's to round out the build (E4's were a bit much power on XC tyres when I last had this built up), so that's enough of the big spend items for this one.