COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Jpez

Down on the left!
Too right! Everyone I know has only been able to get the 1st dose.
I know quite a few fully vacced myself included. i was just persistent on the phone until I got my appointment. Maybe my age group helped with that though. If under 40 then yeah that’s a different story.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know quite a few myself included. i was just persistent on the phone until I got my appointment. Maybe my age group helped with that though. If under 40 then yeah that’s a different story.
You young whippersnappers and your fancy 3 week intervals. Feels like a lifetime since I got my first az

Jpez

Down on the left!
You young whippersnappers and your fancy 3 week intervals. Feels like a lifetime since I got my first az
AZ!? You poor bastard. Only a matter of time before those blood clots hit your brain. Can I have your bikes when you fall off the twig?

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
The pfigs pfantastic double pfizer pfaccine is pfenominal.... the clarity from the voices in the pigs head is just awesome - there have never been so many or have there... pferfect full quality dolby stereo and the mobile reception....

Although, the second shot of the pfaccine really pfucked the pfig over.... had the pfaccine at 9am, took day off - 12 hours later.... wasn't really a happy pfig. Still not sure how we got it.... registered within 5 minutes of the web site going live....

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Has anyone else picked up on the absurd pointlessness of this approach
?
I suspect it was less about effective use of vaccine and more about getting some local data from guinea pigs that wouldn't be around for class actions if complications did occur, wrapped up in a appeal to the "hearts and minds" of the average voter.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Has anyone else picked up on the absurd pointlessness of this approach
?
All aged and disability care residents are supposed to be vaccinated so that’s prob a bog chunk..

Also from memory (not 100%) i think if you die two weeks after a vaccine from anything heath related it gets recorded.. ie a stroke.. Even if it had zirp to do with the vax..

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
*citation needed. That sounds like conspiracy shite to me
Eh? That sounds like standard medical practice to me. If you go for a drug test they ask (and record) if you've been taking any medications whatsoever in the last fortnight/month etc. Same goes for medical procedures or signing any waivers for dangerous activities etc.

It costs nothing to record details - no matter how benign- but it can cost a fucking shitload if you miss happen to miss an important one out!

moorey

call me Mia
Eh? That sounds like standard medical practice to me. If you go for a drug test they ask (and record) if you've been taking any medications whatsoever in the last fortnight/month etc. Same goes for medical procedures or signing any waivers for dangerous activities etc.

It costs nothing to record details - no matter how benign- but it can cost a fucking shitload if you miss happen to miss an important one out!
That doesn’t mean that they’re automatically recorded as a Covid death. Awaiting the citation though, and happy to be corrected.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
All aged and disability care residents are supposed to be vaccinated so that’s prob a bog chunk..

Also from memory (not 100%) i think if you die two weeks after a vaccine from anything heath related it gets recorded.. ie a stroke.. Even if it had zirp to do with the vax..
You appear to be missing the point. It is a fundamentally misguided waste of resources to prioritise vaccines to people who have minimal community exposure, and more to the point are from a medical viewpoint, already in the irreversible process of dying!

A much more effective vaccination strategy would target the most socially-mobile age groups, not those already in the Grim Reaper's waiting room.

moorey

call me Mia
You appear to be missing the point. It is a fundamentally misguided waste of resources to prioritise vaccines to people who have minimal community exposure, and more to the point are from a medical viewpoint, already in the irreversible process of dying!

A much more effective vaccination strategy would target the most socially-mobile age groups, not those already in the Grim Reaper's waiting room.
Their vulnerability makes them a priority. Doesn’t mean they should be at more risk of a horrific Covid death, and putting additional strain on hospitals.
I didn’t think you were planning to get the vax? My bad.