COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Do you have data on that, I was just looking at the Database of Adverse Affects on the TGA website, and the numbers are much lower..
TGA Report 01/07/21

The TGA has received and reviewed 335 reports of deaths in people who have recently been vaccinated.

Death within 14 days of vaccination.

Obviously TGA not reporting these as 'direct' cause of death but has attributed to it in some way.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Think we are close to 350 official deaths from the jab so far. Agreed, that will come with time once data comes through.
We were told from the start to protect the vulnerable and the 99% of us would be more or less fine. Original variant had a 1.9% mortality rate. Delta has a 0.3% (ABC News).

I look forward to the day they release any of the 'health advice' for the lockdowns. Apparently it's not in the public interest but they continually play the transparency card.

I'm somewhat in the middle of this whole thing. I think the current strategies are doing more harm than good to millions here in Melbourne/Victoria.
"Since the beginning of the vaccine rollout in Australia, a total of five deaths from TTS have been reported out of 6.1 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine. All of them were related to a first dose of the vaccine." https://www.tga.gov.au/periodic/covid-19-vaccine-weekly-safety-report-22-07-2021

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
TGA Report 01/07/21

The TGA has received and reviewed 335 reports of deaths in people who have recently been vaccinated.

Obviously TGA not reporting these as 'direct' cause of death but has attributed to it in some way.
I wish the TGA web site was more like the UK Yellow card one.... I seriously looked at that web page for over 20 minutes....

Since the beginning of the vaccine rollout to 27 June 2021, there have been over 7.3 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered. The TGA has received and reviewed 335 reports of deaths in people who have recently been vaccinated and found that two were definitely linked to vaccination. These were both TTS cases related to the AstraZeneca vaccine.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
@Wake Jake Please don't think I'm making a personal attack, you're as entitled to an option as any one else, but there's a couple of big holes in your thinking.

We were told from the start to protect the vulnerable and the 99% of us would be more or less fine.
So basically you're hanging on to the information that was given out when this shit-storm kicked off. Much has been learnt since then, and even more has changed.

I'm somewhat in the middle of this whole thing. I think the current strategies are doing more harm than good to millions here in Melbourne/Victoria.
The current strategies work. We all stop moving for a week, they get hold of what and where, we all move on as 'normal' as is possible. Are you paying any attention to the half arsed NSW "lockdown"? Have you noticed how long that has dragged on for? Yes it sucks, yes people are hurting from no work, but be grateful we're living in a country that has this relatively under control.

indica

Serial flasher
Thousands gather at UK’s Covid-safe Latitude Festival, as Aussie music industry suffers

Be interesting to see where this ends up

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Are you paying any attention to the half arsed NSW "lockdown"?
Look at @Cardy George sucking up on Gladys' arse!!! Half arsed is very generous.

Thousands gather at UK’s Covid-safe Latitude Festival, as Aussie music industry suffers

Wasn't there a similar event in the Netherlands recently and it turned into a covid Mecca event?

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
TGA Report 01/07/21

Vaccines were/are given to people with life expectancy of less than 6 months and/or with terminal illnesses ie in nursing homes, hospitals etc.. That fact they died within 2 weeks has to be noted as with any vaccine.. Very different to the AZ reaction which has an established link.. So 335 deaths are definitely not “attributed in some way” to the vaccines.. This selective data is often posted by the “christ’s blood is my vaccine” crowd..

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
It's a (relatively) low death rate because the hospitals haven't yet been swamped with cases as per ALMOST EVERY OTHER COUNTRY ON THE FUCKING PLANET!

Or haven't you been paying attention for this last year and a half?

:rolleyes:
Nah can’t affect us that way here in straya!
Just look at Indonesia right now just above us. Yet people are still complaining they can’t go to Bali for some bintangs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Vaccines were/are given to people with life expectancy of less than 6 months and/or with terminal illnesses ie in nursing homes, hospitals etc.. That fact they died within 2 weeks has to be noted as with any vaccine.. Very different to the AZ reaction which has an established link.. So 335 deaths are definitely not “attributed in some way” to the vaccines.. This selective data is often posted by the “christ’s blood is my vaccine” crowd..
Wouldn’t Christ’s Blood be past it’s Use By Date?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches

Especially in comparison to the usual attrition of UK festivals where you can get everything from occasional overdoses and the odd stabbing to trench-foot after 4 days of torrential rain and/or mass heat exhaustion when the temperature hits double figures.