COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I was giving SW Sydney the benefit of the doubt but this is just ridiculous! 124 new cases and many of them are due to people visiting other families! FFS! And now thanks to some dick fingered tradie from the SW who visited Belrose Bunnings, there's a cluster in Belrose/French's Forest with 2 nursing home staff infected.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07...ses-announced-by-gladys-berejiklian/100313546

All this bullshit about Gladys being too harsh on SW Sydney due to them being poorer or more multi-cultural was just bullshit. It's because they're morons and she knew it.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
If only another State had dealt with something like this beforehand that NSW could have modelled it's response off??

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Much like vic, it's the ones who have no interest in doing the right thing that are the issue, and they will never fall into line. Because freedom or death....Insert Mexican girl if you dare...
From what I've read it's mostly getting passed around in workplaces, then infected worker goes home whilst following all restrictions but will still easily infect everyone in their household. Hence why construction sites and stuff have now been shut down to try and curtail it.

But hey, just imagine how quickly the freedom or death brigade reverse their life choices and whinging if / when the really deadly mutation of this fucker arrives, a la Influenza circa 1919.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
https://www.theage.com.au/national/...-risk-victorian-liberals-20210721-p58bpk.html

How’s this cunt’s form? A year of screaming blue in the face about ‘Dictator Dan’ and now he thinks we’ll believe he’d have shut the borders down sooner? That’s some Trumpian level of self-delusion.
Lol. Victoria: the one party state.

If you really want to get mad at some hypocrisy check this shit out: https://www.theguardian.com/comment...at-reset-sky-news-flips-on-lockdown-criticism

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
All this bullshit about Gladys being too harsh on SW Sydney due to them being poorer or more multi-cultural was just bullshit. It's because they're morons and she knew it.

No it’s because that’s where all the essential workers live. You know, the ones that can’t sit in their pj’s all day and work... The ones that get granny or the neighbours to look after their kids, the one’s that can’t afford not to work.. NSW health knows they are fked if it gets into those workers.. Clearly the people of Syd just thought it was Melbourne people doing “the wrong thing” for 14 weeks of lockdown without learning ..

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
No it’s because that’s where all the essential workers live. You know, the ones that can’t sit in their pj’s all day and work... The ones that get granny or the neighbours to look after their kids, the one’s that can’t afford not to work.. NSW health knows they are fked if it gets into those workers.. Clearly the people of Syd just thought it was Melbourne people doing “the wrong thing” for 14 weeks of lockdown without learning ..
Bingo. Same issue the USA had for ages, the expendable essential workers still need to get out and about to do their jobs.

Jpez

Down on the left!
From what I've read it's mostly getting passed around in workplaces, then infected worker goes home whilst following all restrictions but will still easily infect everyone in their household. Hence why construction sites and stuff have now been shut down to try and curtail it.

But hey, just imagine how quickly the freedom or death brigade reverse their life choices and whinging if / when the really deadly mutation of this fucker arrives, a la Influenza circa 1919.
I’ve thought in the the past how peoples attitude to this would be different if the effects were much more obvious and horror movie scary. I’m sure people would take it a lot more seriously if infected people were waking around bleeding from the eyeballs or tough guys started growing breasts or something. But a sniffle? That’s nuttin. Trump beat that without even trying!

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
TLDR…does it involve everyone getting vaccinated?
Even if enough of the population is vaccinated against covid and its evolving mutations, it's the next pandemic, and the ones after that - that will happen if we and gubbinments ignore the lessons and consequences, and try to return to the "normal" that brought all this shit on in the first place.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Send a physical letter to your local mp and the Treasurer. You would be surprised by the impact physical letters can have.

Make sure it's sent registered post (tracking with Signature on delivery)
That way, even with Auspost incompetence, they can't bullshit you that they never got the letter. Be aware that it can take 10 or more days of fucking around by the mail room people for the letter to get to some minion of the treasurers' department/treasury to be read.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Even if enough of the population is vaccinated against covid and its evolving mutations, it's the next pandemic, and the ones after that - that will happen if we and gubbinments ignore the lessons and consequences, and try to return to the "normal" that brought all this shit on in the first place.
So no more 'gain of function' research in backward-arse countries to skirt around research ethics?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
87, not 48
Yeah, Gladys' reporting of this just smacks of arse covering and downplaying doesn't it?
"Thirty-seven cases were in isolation throughout their infectious period and 22 cases were in isolation for part of their infectious period.

Forty-eight cases were infectious in the community, and the isolation status of 17 cases remains under investigation."
You don't get to only report the people who were out and about the whole time because it makes the number look smaller. If they've been in the community at all while infectious, then they were infectious in the community and a possible source of infection spread. Fucking stupid.

moorey

call me Mia
I’ve thought in the the past how peoples attitude to this would be different if the effects were much more obvious and horror movie scary. I’m sure people would take it a lot more seriously if infected people were waking around bleeding from the eyeballs or tough guys started growing breasts or something. But a sniffle? That’s nuttin. Trump beat that without even trying!
You had me at 'growing breasts'...

moorey

call me Mia
Still get vaccinated......was a dig at HiFi