COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Norco Maniac

Is back!
At 56 i can access Pfizer...assuming we can even get vaccine in my regional area. It's a total joke. Earliest appointment is 9th of September, other vax clinics aren't taking bookings unless youre a patient at the practice or deny their web booking sites are down :eyeroll:

NSW Health are useless, there's currently blame shifting going on after initial flagging that a Covid positive Sydney resident "essential worker" attended a massive building site here in Coffs and one of the very popular local pubs plus the busiest shopping centre in town. A weel later there's still obfuscation and denial. Happily the building site is shut down by the owners and they have enforced a two week lockdown of workers, but fark me i am sick of plague rats fleeing lockdowns and f*cking our small town over.

Rents in Coffs are now at Sydney premium prices whilst we struggle on slave wages. We both work full time and are at the point where we can't afford to live here.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Can't they sign in manually?
Do you mean on paper? No. That was deemed useless last year and rightly so. Imagine how many pages of names a busy cafe has at the end of a day...then a week...then 2 weeks. And the government needs to quickly identify where a covid case was at a specific time and date. Factor in that a solid % of the people who want to sign in on paper use a false name and contact details as well. It's not a useful method.

Venues are supposed to sign people who can't use the QR codes in through their devices (eg an iPad). But guess what? Updates to the app a few months back means that service NSW text a confirmation code to the person's mobile...useless again because if they had a module it is mostly likely they can sign themselves in or learn how to.

"It's got to be better than COVID, it's got to be better than COVID..."
One of my friends had massive fizzer side effects. For a while she was all "I would have rather just got covid..." Not anymore though.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
At 56 i can access Pfizer...assuming we can even get vaccine in my regional area. It's a total joke. Earliest appointment is 9th of September, other vax clinics aren't taking bookings unless youre a patient at the practice or deny their web booking sites are down :eyeroll:

NSW Health are useless, there's currently blame shifting going on after initial flagging that a Covid positive Sydney resident "essential worker" attended a massive building site here in Coffs and one of the very popular local pubs plus the busiest shopping centre in town. A weel later there's still obfuscation and denial. Happily the building site is shut down by the owners and they have enforced a two week lockdown of workers, but fark me i am sick of plague rats fleeing lockdowns and f*cking our small town over.

Rents in Coffs are now at Sydney premium prices whilst we struggle on slave wages. We both work full time and are at the point where we can't afford to live here.
Just get AZ. I got the first dose before they changed the recommended age to 60, will get 2nd dose when due.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Just get AZ. I got the first dose before they changed the recommended age to 60, will get 2nd dose when due.
Can't get AZ either, there's simply no vax to be had here. I signed up back in March. Safe Nationals seat, go figure...

former health care worker, don't really want to risk AZ either due to underlying COPD after chemo and radiation. Not to mention other autoimmune issues.

Boom King

Can't get AZ either, there's simply no vax to be had here. I signed up back in March. Safe Nationals seat, go figure...

former health care worker, don't really want to risk AZ either due to underlying COPD after chemo and radiation. Not to mention other autoimmune issues.
That's fair enough (the not wanting to risk AZ bit).

Boom King

Here's a question...

Do ScoMo and the coalition get back in when the election comes around, early or not?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Do you mean on paper? No. That was deemed useless last year and rightly so. Imagine how many pages of names a busy cafe has at the end of a day...then a week...then 2 weeks. And the government needs to quickly identify where a covid case was at a specific time and date. Factor in that a solid % of the people who want to sign in on paper use a false name and contact details as well. It's not a useful method.

Venues are supposed to sign people who can't use the QR codes in through their devices (eg an iPad). But guess what? Updates to the app a few months back means that service NSW text a confirmation code to the person's mobile...useless again because if they had a module it is mostly likely they can sign themselves in or learn how to.

One of my friends had massive fizzer side effects. For a while she was all "I would have rather just got covid..." Not anymore though.
No difference with the phone app, pricks can use false details to set up or just pretend to log in on the phones too. You don't need to go through all the pages every day and not everyone that visits your cafe is going to sign in via paper, just the people that can't sign in via the phone. It's a PITA but this is covid life unfortunately, the more people doing the right thing the better for everyone in the long run.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Had to do a 300 km round trip down to Dubbo last week to get my first Pfizzie shot. Booked online Wednesday morning and got a slot Friday lunchtime. Smooth as. Plenty of time for some shopping too.

Second shot was booked at the same time for the 6th August...another 300km round trip. Might go to Bunnings this time...

clockworked

Like an orange
Forgive me for the stupid question, but bear with me.
Minor personal inconvenience compared to everyone else: i booked for 2 weeks holiday in cairns, from tassie, due to leave on saturday. Change planes in brisbane, but won't leave the airport.

In all seriousness, does anyone think its still reasonable to take this holiday? I run a small business; i can afford the holiday, but not any quarantine time i may incur. We're fully vaccinated, kids aren't.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
It's a total lottery. Everyone has itchy trigger finger with lockdowns/lockouts.

If I couldn't afford the time for a possible 2 week quarantine, I wouldn't be going interstate.

As it is, I could afford the time to do a 2 week quarantine, and there is no fucling way I'm going interstate.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
In all seriousness, does anyone think its still reasonable to take this holiday?
Its a lottery, borders can slam shut with hours notice. Take the holiday but the risk is always there and its very high at the moment.

Personally, I would not be booking anything interstate at this time. Though hope to get to Tassie in October school hols or my 4 weeks off over xmas.

EDIT: Got the lottery word in 2 posts.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Forgive me for the stupid question, but bear with me.
Minor personal inconvenience compared to everyone else: i booked for 2 weeks holiday in cairns, from tassie, due to leave on saturday. Change planes in brisbane, but won't leave the airport.

In all seriousness, does anyone think its still reasonable to take this holiday? I run a small business; i can afford the holiday, but not any quarantine time i may incur. We're fully vaccinated, kids aren't.
Cairns a couple of weeks back was not a holiday. It's chock a block full of southerners. Your mileage may vary but two weeks is a long time for things in Queensland to go wrong and thus get yourself quarantined going back into Tassie.

clockworked

Like an orange
Yeah its the time within the holiday thats the obvious concern. Haven't left the island in 2.5 years! Just want a cocktail on a beach that i don't have to wear a puffer jacket to!!
In the good news- the sauna in derby looks good

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My second jab due on Sunday, for those struggling contact a few local places doing jabs, one of the young guys at work got his as they had to use them up at the end of the day.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah its the time within the holiday thats the obvious concern. Haven't left the island in 2.5 years! Just want a cocktail on a beach that i don't have to wear a puffer jacket to!!
NT or WA might be a slightly safer bet, we'll even let you in here, so long as you don't come anywhere else on the way!

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Exactly what I experienced (sans arm pain). You should be right as rain by tonight, though I ran hot for a week afterwards, and would sweat profusely on even a light, cold ride.
I had my first Pfizer a couple of weeks ago. No side effects at all aside from a slight sore arm at the injection site for a couple of days. Have heard that the second Pfizer can hit you harder though. Got that scheduled for the 30th, with two days of booze and kid’s birthday parties following. What could go wrong.

moorey

call me Mia
I had my first Pfizer a couple of weeks ago. No side effects at all aside from a slight sore arm at the injection site for a couple of days. Have heard that the second Pfizer can hit you harder though. Got that scheduled for the 30th, with two days of booze and kid’s birthday parties following. What could go wrong.
Some say second Pf is worse. Others disagree. Some are hit hard by both. Some get nothing from either.
I had AZ. Same applies it seems.

You get what you get.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
No difference with the phone app, pricks can use false details to set up or just pretend to log in on the phones too.
NSW app is linked to your service NSW account (licences etc) so you can't easily fake it.

Our personal circumstances are very different, but unless Qld was showing strong signs of breaking out I'd still go. If I got caught out I'd just stay longer. But I don't have family or a business to worry about.

Last edited: