Newly Released Bikes General

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
2022 Transition Spire..

What's the deal with all the manufacturers putting an elongated square blocky part in their frames (as circled in the pic) ???

FoxRidersCo

Got to put all that reach somewhere else rather than the bulking up before the headtube?
That is true, at least with an anorexic headtube/downtube/toptube meeting place (where the most common cracks happen in a crash) your BB, seat-tube and pivot points will be A ok, so that's a plus.

Personally I'd prefer my beef in the headtube area, am yet to crack a BB shell/seattube.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Most bikes with shocks that attach to the top-tube and higher up the downtube have a gunt to fit water-bottles inside the front-triangle nowadays. Keeps the weight low and looks horrible.

I'm guessing Transition set theirs up like that to keep the downtube tubular, rather than having to scallop/thicken the walls of the tube around the bottom of the shock as it'd probably be heavier and introduce more potential weak spots.

FoxRidersCo

No! - the bike had nothing to do with it - if your inclined to be a lazy fat fucker it won’t matter what bike you are on - that’s on you princess
My keg is now offended.... lol

Maybe i'm just from a different era but all the new bikes just look fat and bloated with more wires than a patient in ICU and scary head angles that are reminiscent of the Schwinn dragster days (I mean they do say what is old becomes new again but what's next sub 50 degree head angles and 90 degree seat tubes ?)

BRB gotta go change the channel manually on my push button CRT TV

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned

Maybe i'm just from a different era but all the new bikes just look fat and bloated with scary head angles that are reminiscent of the Schwinn dragster days (I mean they do say what is old becomes new again but what's next sub 50 degree head angles and 90 degree seat tubes ?)

That's what the market is DEMANDING, man
Look at all the guys riding the local trails on 170mm, 29er, 1300mm wheelbase bikes

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

Maybe i'm just from a different era but all the new bikes just look fat and bloated with more wires than a patient in ICU and scary head angles that are reminiscent of the Schwinn dragster days (I mean they do say what is old becomes new again but what's next sub 50 degree head angles and 90 degree seat tubes ?)

Don't you have large stick to hit the buttons with, if you get up your blanket will fall off and your knees will get cold.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
That's what the market is DEMANDING, man
Look at all the guys riding the local trails on 170mm, 29er, 1300mm wheelbase bikes
I resemble that comment. In my defence my fat arse still manages to use 90% travel.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk