Newly Released Bikes General

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I still can’t believe they aren’t calling it Downcunty.
"Downcountry" in press releases seems to be reserved for short-travel bikes that ride plush, wouldn't mind betting this has a more "racy" ride feel.

Alternatively they might be worried about making the hardcore XC devotees (@moorey will know what I mean) concerned that the suspension isn't "efficient" enough for their podium aspirations if it's a shared platform with a "downcountry" bike.

moorey

call me Mia
"Downcountry" in press releases seems to be reserved for short-travel bikes that ride plush, wouldn't mind betting this has a more "racy" ride feel.

Alternatively they might be worried about making the hardcore XC devotees (@moorey will know what I mean) concerned that the suspension isn't "efficient" enough for their podium aspirations if it's a shared platform with a "downcountry" bike.
You almost made it sound as if they aren’t just making it up to appeal to different markets?

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Makes sense, trying to package the current SI linkage with an ebike motor and stuff would be..... difficult.

Still don't really understand 6 bar designs. Tried to process the write up of the new Commencal Supreme on Pinkbike. Couldn't.
I certainly don't understand it, but from my limited experience, the SI is an amazing rear suspension platform. I love it, despite all the hecklers.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I certainly don't understand it, but from my limited experience, the SI is an amazing rear suspension platform. I love it, despite all the hecklers.
Best I've ever tried, by some margin. Yet to have a go on anything really heavy duty, but the platform just makes mid-travel bikes feel like a Baja Trophy Truck - without losing any of the efficiency.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
I thought hecklers were a single pivot setup.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk