Newly Released Suspension & Components General

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
As soon as the started saying to pair it with a more aggressive, grippier NOBBY NIC up front, they lost me. Trail tyre indeed…
I like the current Nobbys. Good trail tyre and good grip for my local trails. Wicked Will out back Nobby up front would be good.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I like the current Nobbys. Good trail tyre and good grip for my local trails. Wicked Will out back Nobby up front would be good.
I'd take a look at this combo when my Maxxis tyres expire. I'm currently running a DHF Exo+ 2.5 up front and and Rekon Exo+ 2.4 out back.

moorey

call me Mia
Damn Hambo, this is good from you. Would buy a product labeled Yeah Gnar, most likely apparel though.

The other options are all 'soft as shit' though.
I would run a mile from wearing a product with a name like that….
There’s a couple out there aimed squarely at the endurobros that make me cringe…

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
I'm out of touch since the last XTR was announced in 2018 but didn't seem to be available for a long time after the launch. Anyone know when the next XTR will be released?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Possibly about this time next year something might be said. Shimano's last few generations have run on a four-year model cycle, with model years roughly six months ahead of calendar years... In XTR terms, that's M960 in 2002 for the '03 model year, M970 in 2006 for MY07, M980 in 2010 (MY11), M9000 in '14 (MY15) and M9100 in 2018 for MY19. So on that presumption, the next generation M9200 could be expected for release in mid-2022 for the 2023 model year.

PS: A few years ago Shimano suffered a fairly significant fire in a section of their primary Japanese plant, which produces their highest-level XTR and Dura-Ace bits, as well as some XT/Ultegra stuff. This led to considerable delays in the production & availability of the then-new XTR (M9100), and also pretty heavily fucked up supply of a lot of other decent-spec bits.

Last edited:

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I would run a mile from wearing a product with a name like that….
There’s a couple out there aimed squarely at the endurobros that make me cringe…
Sendy seem to be doing just fine. It's a big market out there and different things appeal to different people.

If I were making something for you it would be orange and have 27.5mm of padding on the arse.

Minlak

custom titis
Sendy seem to be doing just fine. It's a big market out there and different things appeal to different people.

If I were making something for you it would be orange and have 27.5mm of padding on the arse.
Spend a lot of time thinking about his arse?