Little Things You Hate

Flow-Rider

Burner
Did some groceries in the new metro Woolworths here today. As I went to pay O was congratulated for spending over $30 and awarded a free coffee from their coffee bar...I didn't want it, but the receipt was automatically printed off without giving me the option to say no thank you. This receipt was about 60cm long!!! Anyway I entered into an exchange with the barista, who was also the closest near by staff member which gave rise to a suspicion that Woolworths had decided everyone was a barista. This was one of the worst coffees I have drank in a long time! Absolutely undeniable garbage. Now now...I was expecting it to be bad, really bad even, but this was beyond that! I don't blame the barista, they clearly received more training about operating the checkout and were very polite and interactive...something that would have given most annoying old people the best coffee experience of their lives. This is a bullshit marketing ploy that is going to create a whole bunch on unnecessary waste. Coffee cups, lids, packaging, transport, the fucking receipt, and so on and so on...even if it was good coffee. I'd still be interested in it in principle.

Also there is a really good local cafe opposite the damn store and the family that own it are top people. I had 2 really good coffees there.
Even worse than Mc Doodles? I've noticed that they got rid of the plastic carry bags but everything is wrapped or contained in plastic more than ever.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Even worse than Mc Doodles? I've noticed that they got rid of the plastic carry bags but everything is wrapped or contained in plastic more than ever.
Yes, it was worse than the last coffee I had from maccas. But that was a very long time ago.. now they have their best beans ever...

Fuck they kill the packaging overkill! And packaging. And then the amount of boxes that get tossed each day that could be used to take your groceries home is phenomenal.

On the plus side I have noticed an increased number of bottle shops setting their boxes aside for groceries etc. In the rare occasion that I'm not just shoving everything in my backpack I have taken advantage of this, always being sure to get a box of a well regarded wine of course. One friend did comment "you buy your wine by the box?" Ha...no.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Woolworths had decided everyone was a barista
The fucking worst... I tentatively sip at anything from joints like this because I assume the only instruction before they get handed a milk jug is "here's the metal pipe that you use to turn the cold milk into lava". The old dears with their 3 x "remember mine's extra hot luv" don't help matters.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well don't go seeking the answer with technology as AI isn't much better.
We've got a couple of fancy Jura coffee machines on board here. One of them has it's default setting for Espresso at 140ml!
A cafe lungo...! I think Woolworths and Coles should abandon their stupid in store coffee bullshit. They would be better off with the same shitty machines 7-11 have.

Unskilled wheelies are even more effective :p Trust me I know haha
I currently rely on my reasonably loud rear wheel, ugly face, and a police excuse me please. it is somewhat effective, but I do dream of charging headlong into the groups of stupid people. I did this once in the forest with a group of joggers running backwards through the dirt lumps. It was effective.

moorey

call me Mia
Friggin FB again.
On our clubs private members page, entry just opened up for upcoming KOB. A mate couldn’t enter as his MTBA elapsed and he shouldn’t still be on the member page.
So I joked...

I appealed, they admitted it’s not against standards, and put the comment back on.

But the 7 day ban still stands. No possible appeal. Mother cussers.

moorey

call me Mia
I'm guessing your appeal was something like:

"Could you please reinstate my comment, or will I remain banned?"

To which facebook said:

Annoying, isn't it? :p
Oh, you can’t actually comment or talk to anyone, just click a box.
No boxes now though. No possible appeal.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
...I'm going to guess that your abusive "friend" from a few weeks back still roams the face book without concern though?

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
People......... and dogs.

Went for a Sturt Gorge loop on Sunday, so I could avoid people.

The crowds at Craigburn on the way in, fluffing all over the trails, was expected and I was fine with that.

But once out in the solitude of the gorge, I was astounded by the number of annoyed, self righteous nonces all over the place.

Came upon a couple of dozen walkers with unleashed dogs, often multiples, almost all aggressively yelling to "MIND THE DOGS".

But the three that shitted me the most, were the ones walking up downhill trails, earphones in, dog racing around like a loon, and their face buried in their phone watching the latest episode of Big Brother, or whatever the Lorne Jane leisurewear flunkies watch nowadays.

The more contact I have with people, the more I enjoy spending time with goats.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
But the 7 day ban still stands. No possible appeal. Mother cussers.
Reckon they might be doing you a favour, FB is increasingly plumbing the depths of absolute shit. I don't know whether their algorithms are deliberately promoting stupidity or that's the sole content these days, but either way if it wasn't for a couple of groups and Marketplace I'd have finally deleted it by now. I think it's getting even worse than Twitter.

moorey

call me Mia
Reckon they might be doing you a favour, FB is increasingly plumbing the depths of absolute shit. I don't know whether their algorithms are deliberately promoting stupidity or that's the sole content these days, but either way if it wasn't for a couple of groups and Marketplace I'd have finally deleted it by now. I think it's getting even worse than Twitter.
Nothing is worse than Twitter.
But yes, I skip past pretty much other than some marketplace pages and a daily hit of The Far Side (ok Boomer). I do have to use it for club committee stuff...which I can't now..and we have a race in 3 weeks. FFS.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
The comments section of any green initiative or survey by Cairns Council. So many fucking idiots and trolls, it's so sad that this tidal wave of thick shits overwhelms the genuinely constructive or curious commenter. Fuck off people.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Just watched the Darkfest highlights and thought what a bunch of horseshit freeride is.

• Flying a bunch of people around the world and not single one wearing a mask during a pandemic - check.
  • Continuing to pull huge stunts after your mate is injured "because he would want you to" - check.
  • Cheesy tribal cultural appropriation for the awards ceremony because you're in the dark continent - check.
  • Running your wankfest in South Africa without a single local rider - check.
  • The only black faces making an appearance in your edit that's shot in South Africa, being some workers in threadbare clothes in the end credits - check.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Just watched the Darkfest highlights and thought what a bunch of horseshit freeride is.

• Flying a bunch of people around the world and not single one wearing a mask during a pandemic - check.
  • Continuing to pull huge stunts after your mate is injured "because he would want you to" - check.
  • Cheesy tribal cultural appropriation for the awards ceremony because you're in the dark continent - check.
  • Running your wankfest in South Africa without a single local rider - check.
  • The only black faces making an appearance in your edit that's shot in South Africa, being some workers in threadbare clothes in the end credits - check.

Shit! I also forgot to mention what a complete sausage fest it was. A single token wag managed not to get edited out at the after party. George Michael was watching from heaven in his Pit Vipers approvingly. Feel the stoke you big boys you!