Electric Vehicles etc

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
They need some piped in sound otherwise it's too close to magic!
No that's even worse. Keep them whooshing Jetsons science fiction things.

If I'd kept my W124 estate it would have made a fantastic project like @Scotty T's - these conversions really suit youngtimers.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say

Perfect conversion donor.

Also might not need to buy a new golf when our existing one starts to get tired (still under 100k km on it):

This is pretty awesome.
If it's anything like the kit offered by a mob in Denmark for my T4 dual cab...I'd expect very little change from forty grand. As much as I love the idea of an EV conversion...I could fit a mid mounted Porsche Boxster driveline for less than that.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Old men who can't let go. Embrace the silence. Give in to the torque. Ogle in the efficiency ;)

As for fun, if Tesla wanted to they could emulate the BMW skid factor with lines of code I'm sure. I also want them to make the Mazda as per I think @Dales Cannon's post, I really hope it happens. A young friend just bought a Model 3 and has offered a ride so I'm keen to do that hopefully next week.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Old men who can't let go. Embrace the silence. Give in to the torque. Ogle in the efficiency ;)

As for fun, if Tesla wanted to they could emulate the BMW skid factor with lines of code I'm sure. I also want them to make the Mazda as per I think @Dales Cannon's post, I really hope it happens. A young friend just bought a Model 3 and has offered a ride so I'm keen to do that hopefully next week.
I'm well up for it, retro electric is where it's at. So many amazing cars would be great candidates although I'd wait for a crate solid state battery. That way you can try to retain some of the lightweight feel of the original car.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
My old 2010 Triton died yesterday and if it’s not worth fixing I’d love to covert it. Unfortunately I don’t really have the time and I’ll have to buy another ICE. I was hoping it would hold out until there was some affordable options for what I’m after. :(

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
My old 2010 Triton died yesterday and if it’s not worth fixing I’d love to covert it. Unfortunately I don’t really have the time and I’ll have to buy another ICE. I was hoping it would hold out until there was some affordable options for what I’m after. :(
Damn! What died?

indica

Serial flasher
Those Kona EVs look okay, the range is enough for me too. There are a few charging stations down the coast....

Minlak

custom titis
Daughter is looking for a new car currently and as she is in Brisbane and spends most trips just around bruised we have looked at some hybrid cars - I’m just not sure I like Hybrid over just full fuel or full battery. She like the Mazda with the suicide doors :)

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Damn! What died?
My mechanic is going to look into it this week. Thought the starter was on the way out as it kept disengaging when I tried to start it after leaving work Thursday. Got a tow start drove it to my mechanic workshop and they found that water is getting into the cylinders so that may be a headgasket, cracked head or block or maybe a leaking EGR cooler. If it is the latter it's worth fixing, if it's not I'll sell it off cheap.
Not a good time to be looking for another car. New cars have massive lead times and second hand ones are going for silly prices.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas