Sold Original Cotic Solaris

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Item: Cotic Solaris Medium Frame - steel is real and all that.
Item Condition: Few scratches but pretty good overall. Some paint worn away inside chain stays and a few scrapes elsewhere I've tried to highlight. General chips from stones and transport.
Reason for selling: N-1. Hoping to regret selling it so I build something better
Price and price conditions: $350 pp
Extra Info: This is one of the original duck egg blue Solaris frames. Can be built up with 100-120mm forks for your XC and trail duties, or rigid forks for a gravel grinder / bike packing rig.
Comes with a Hope headset (takes tapered fork, but can easily swap bottom cup for straight), spare hanger and neoprene chainstay protector. 31.6 seatpost. Rear is 135mm QR, but plenty stiff in a steel frame.
Pictures:

Geometry:
Frame Size
Medium
Seat Tube (centre-top)
17.5"​
Top Tube Length (Effective)
23.8"​
Head Angle
70°​
Seat Angle
72.5°​
Chainstay Length (centre to centre)
440mm​
Chainstay Length (horizontal)
435mm​
BB Drop
55mm​
Head Tube Length
100mm​
Reach
429.3mm​
Usual Height Range
5'9" - 6'0"​
Stem Length
60-90mm​

I'm 178cm and its fine for me with a 60mm stem. Bike's thread here: https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/reviving-the-solaris.312906/

More info: https://www.cotic.co.uk/product/solaris1

Item: 29er wheels - Flow EX rims
Item Condition: Used, few scratches but still working fine. De-labelled but you can see them in the bike's thread if needed.
Reason for selling: No good to me without the frame...
Price and price conditions: $150 pp
Extra Info: Stan's Flow EX rims on a Novatec rear hub (10x135mm QR) and a Nukeproof front (15x100mm). Have held up really well over the years - been solely on the hardtail
Pictures:

Attachments

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
This is pretty much sold. It fell through a couple times and then I've been smashed with work but do have a buyer lined up now and a couple of other guys have messaged me... Bit of a process but will let those know who PM'd if anything changes.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Frame has been sold. Wheels are still available, but might list them again separately with some other parts off this bike.