Bargain buys thread

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah, occasionally. Alternatively just wait until the tank rusts through from the inside and the condensation lets itself out.
The tanks on the cheap compressors that we're talking about here I think would likely long outlast the motor/pump anyways.
If you're keen on draining the condensate after EVERY use, you still don't need to let all the air out, just the water...
Particularly if you never top up the oil like me.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
First Airtank was $90.
Spare one, Felix won at Bike Buller. 2 actually. Get pedaling.
Haha. By the time you pay entry and buy new wheels and a derailleur for Felix after the race, yep, you're way ahead by entering for the prizes :)

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have been looking around for a new SLX CS-M7000 11-46T 11-Speed Cassette. I was about to buy one off Pushys when I received an email from Ebay asking if I was still interested in one I had looked at previously. Pushys price $105.99 Ebay seller $99.99 including postage. Ebay seller? Pushys. Don't understand but I used Ebay.
Am I the only one who spends their employer's time looking for bike parts I probably don't need to ride tonight or tomorrow or ?? ( I actually do need a new cassette, this time)

PJO

in me vL comy
I have been looking around for a new SLX CS-M7000 11-46T 11-Speed Cassette. I was about to buy one off Pushys when I received an email from Ebay asking if I was still interested in one I had looked at previously. Pushys price $105.99 Ebay seller $99.99 including postage. Ebay seller? Pushys. Don't understand but I used Ebay.
Am I the only one who spends their employer's time looking for bike parts I probably don't need to ride tonight or tomorrow or ?? ( I actually do need a new cassette, this time)
No, you're not the only one..

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Serious Q, does it do better than an air tank pump? Granted my home compressor isn’t the greatest, but my tubeless air tank pump is usually better at inflating a pesky tyre than the compressor.
To answer your serious Q, yes it is better than the air tank pumps. I picked up an air shot on sale and did a round of wheels with it on the weekend. I have 2 rear wheels that are a pain to seal due to a few choice dings. With the air tank pump there isn't quite enough volume to get 29 tyres on and seated before the air gets past the dings. The air shot got both tyres on first go no problems.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The trick is to make yourself a straight through inflator hose with no reductions, restrictions or strangle points to stem the air volume rush.

Mine slides over the presta valve outer with the core removed, the end tip is a schrader to presta adaptor. When the trigger is pressed it opens a hole greater than the diameter of the hose giving a full flow blast of air.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
The trick is to make yourself a straight through inflator hose with no reductions, restrictions or strangle points to stem the air volume rush.

Mine slides over the presta valve outer with the core removed, the end tip is a schrader to presta adaptor. When the trigger is pressed it opens a hole greater than the diameter of the hose giving a full flow blast of air.
Absolutely the less restriction the better but volume plays a part. With larger volume 29er tyres there just wasn't enough air in the air tank pump to get them on the bead if there was any sort of imperfection in the rim.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I wish he would show a hack on removing his bike seat so he can ride away and fuck himself. Still confused how he became internet famous.
I'm glad he's around. Without him a couple of years ago, my then 9 year old wouldn't have decided he wanted to get into mtb, and thus I wouldn't have even known it was a thing.

On second thought, yeah fuck him.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm glad he's around. Without him a couple of years ago, my then 9 year old wouldn't have decided he wanted to get into mtb, and thus I wouldn't have even known it was a thing.

On second thought, yeah fuck him.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
Don't worry...mountain biking would have found you.