The QUICK question thread.....

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Are there any issues posting a dropper post fully dropped? Obviously I’ll let the air out, anything else I should do?
I don't think you need to let all the air out. Maybe leave it at half the recommended psi. The likes of One-up package their droppers with the the post dropped and the psi is less than recommended so you adjust when you install. Other than that, bubble wrap and cardboard.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
I don't think you need to let all the air out. Maybe leave it at half the recommended psi. The likes of One-up package their droppers with the the post dropped and the psi is less than recommended so you adjust when you install. Other than than, bubble wrap and cardboard.
Yep. @Nerf Herder has never posted my droppers back sans air. He knows more than me.... not just about droppers

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
What do you reckon this is actually worth?

It's a 2018 Haro Shift S3. Website says it was $1,200 new. Have an option on buying it for one of the offspring. I know the bloke, it was his daughter's, selling it because it's too much bike for her not to use.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I think this was discussed a while ago.
given that the internal of a chain is the same for a 11 or 12 speed drivetrain can a 12 speed chain be used on an 11sp cassette?

moorey

call me Mia
given that the internal of a chain is the same for a 11 or 12 speed drivetrain can a 12 speed chain be used on an 11sp cassette?
Not a shimano chain. Works, pretty noise. IIRC.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
I use a 12 speed chain (X01) on 11 speed XX1 cassette (expensive casdette but get many km's out of them) and more than happy. Not sure on the shimano gear.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
They're not the same; 12-sp. is narrower. Additionally, Shimano 12-sp. inner plates extend past the rollers, effectively shortening the wider inner gap (AKA outer link); it's not happy on things not designed for it.

Last edited:

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I think I read that the noise is caused by the shimano quick link. using a different one will kill the noise maybe.
From memory, the commentary around Shimano chains from @The Duckmeister was that the inner link plates on the 12sp Shimano chains are longer (protrude beyond the roller a bit) and this precludes them from being used on non-Shimano 12sp specific chain rings. Unclear on cassette compatibility.

Edit: read that^ :p