Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Ok sunshine, what's your flagship. You are DYING to tell us.
Why must there be a flagship powerplant? Seems a stupid concept to me. If you see 5 turds floating down the river do you point at one and yell 'that is a flagship shit if e'er I seed one!'.

There has been so much shit written about the failure it is pathetic. Journos pointing at B1/2 cooling tower announcing there is no smoke coming from it. Never is dumbshit.

Let's find out what happened for the sake of other plant and personnel. From what I hear the LP casing has been ruptured and that suggests H2 cooler rupture but that is supposition from someone looking at phone pics, could be anything.

What I don't get is how C4 is supposedly a worse CO2 emitter per MWh than a number of subcritical plants which give away 4-10% of efficiency.

mark22

Likes Dirt
Why must there be a flagship powerplant? Seems a stupid concept to me. If you see 5 turds floating down the river do you point at one and yell 'that is a flagship shit if e'er I seed one!'.

There has been so much shit written about the failure it is pathetic. Journos pointing at B1/2 cooling tower announcing there is no smoke coming from it. Never is dumbshit.

Let's find out what happened for the sake of other plant and personnel. From what I hear the LP casing has been ruptured and that suggests H2 cooler rupture but that is supposition from someone looking at phone pics, could be anything.

What I don't get is how C4 is supposedly a worse CO2 emitter per MWh than a number of subcritical plants which give away 4-10% of efficiency.
Dude you have to realise that facts and living in the real world have no place in this thread.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
On a tour of Loy Yang A once for work years ago, the head engineer dude showing us around said a generator at Hazelwood had thrown a turbine blade once that was found in a paddock a couple of miles away, having exited the building via the roof.

Flow-Rider

Burner
On a tour of Loy Yang A once for work years ago, the head engineer dude showing us around said a generator at Hazelwood had thrown a turbine blade once that was found in a paddock a couple of miles away, having exited the building via the roof.
Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me because they can spin pretty fast.

Flow-Rider

Burner
They would have done exploration drilling years ago, Riotinto and another alliance done it in central Qld back in 2014 and a few years surrounding that time, they know where all the coal seams and gas are and even analysed the quality of the coal.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
They would have done exploration drilling years ago, Riotinto and another alliance done it in central Qld back in 2014 and a few years surrounding that time, they know where all the coal seams and gas are and even analysed the quality of the coal.
Tnis new one is shale gas like the US, not coal seam gas. CSG doesn’t need to be fracked, so it’s a little less horrific.
Shale gas and fracking is a nightmare.