From the Blue Skye to the Deep Green Sea - Transition Spur

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
@ozzybmx can you just post up a few more photos of the bike please. It’s getting a bit tiring having to go all the way back to page one to ogle it. That colour just does things to me. :D
Some sunlight photos. Its a weird colour to photograph, shady photos just look dark.

Had to go down and look what that black dot under the top tube was, looks like its squirt lube gunk from an old chainring :oops:

ozzybmx

Cranks arrived and have been fitted.

Very surprisingly the old 2014 RaceFace 32t Cinch chainring takes a Shimano 12spd chain without chain suck so I'll continue to run the Shimano chain.

790g down to 444g, plus a bit saved on the BSA30 BB, over 350g closer to where I want to be in the low 11's.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Wow - that’s a fair chunk of weight. Bike looks great. Love a good solid colour with simple graphics and that’s a great colour.

ozzybmx

Wow - that’s a fair chunk of weight. Bike looks great. Love a good solid colour with simple graphics and that’s a great colour.
It is @yuley95 !

There was a few big ticket items, cassette, cranks and wheels. Between them there is 1400g to drop.

Wheels are 2270, I reckon I'll be closer to 1450g.
Cassette is about 600g, the e13 Helix is 345g
Cranks as above.

The brakes and shifter are still Deore, can see any big saving with any of those.

Will also get that 1 piece stem on the spoke order from BikeComponents.

Should be down to mid 11's with pedals.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
It is @yuley95 !

There was a few big ticket items, cassette, cranks and wheels. Between them there is 1400g to drop.

Wheels are 2270, I reckon I'll be closer to 1450g.
Cassette is about 600g, the e13 Helix is 345g
Cranks as above.

The brakes and shifter are still Deore, can see any big saving with any of those.

Will also get that 1 piece stem on the spoke order from BikeComponents.

Should be down to mid 11's with pedals.
Going with egg beaters?

ozzybmx

All I can say is you gave the Yoinker the bike......
I still have about 9 pages of KOMs, so around 180 still owned at 20 per page.

Though there was 12 pages at one stage... bloody ebikers :)

I have got only 1 KOM in about 2 yrs. The trend has been set.

ozzybmx

Some more parts rocking up, I also see Transition have now published the weight of the Deore spec bike, which I believe to be wrong as it seems that have weighed the standard bike with the tubes fitted. It should be ~12.9kg... not to worry.

Mine is currently 12.495kg with still another 1232g of weenie to add.

This will bring it down to 11.263kg, which is 1kg lighter than the GX, under the X0 weight and on par with the AXS weight for not much more than the price of the GX model.

The bike still has Dissector (990g) and Rekon (790g) fitted which was a bloody great tyre choice by Transition, a good balance of speed and grip.

With XC tyres fitted for the occasional XC race or endurance event I would think it will probably stoop below the 11kg mark and into high 10's.

The rims are nearly on their way and I still need to measure and order spokes, so the wheelset is still 3-5 weeks away.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
No, but the DHF would change the whole dynamics of the bike.

This bike rolls really fast and climbs quickly, it's a trade off between speed and grip.

I prefer the faster Dissector on this bike, on my Highlander I want maximum grip.
Ah ok no worries. Why are you still awake btw?