The stupid questions thread.

moorey

call me Mia
I’ve made no secret of my distrust of Aliexpress....combined with my lack of experience with ZTTO cassettes....
BUT, I’m looking around for a spare XD 11sp 46t cassette for Felix’s daily wheels rather than wear out racing tyres around local trails.
Been really happy with the XD sun race 10-46 for a bit of a weight penalty, but it’s been solid and reliable. Can’t find one anywhere from a reputable seller though.
Can’t stomach buying another e13. I know they’ve apparently improved, but $500+ for something I’m not particularly chuffed about, I’ll pass on. (Lock rings on current one are a bit worn and come loose after a short ride)
So.
These are on Aliexpress. Price is good. Weight isn’t a concern...other than lighter weight concerns me more that it won’t hold up well.
It’s for Felix’s spare wheels as stated, but I still want it to hold up to his aggressive riding and shifting. 9-46 is enticing too. He loves top end speed. (Main reason I’m not keen on shimano etc 11-46). He’s already running 34t front and wouldn’t appreciate the speed loss from the 10-46.
Anyone tried these?
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4000516666627.html?spm=a2g0n.shopcart-amp.item.4000516666627&

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I’ve made no secret of my distrust of Aliexpress....combined with my lack of experience with ZTTO cassettes....
BUT, I’m looking around for a spare XD 11sp 46t cassette for Felix’s daily wheels rather than wear out racing tyres around local trails.
Been really happy with the XD sun race 10-46 for a bit of a weight penalty, but it’s been solid and reliable. Can’t find one anywhere from a reputable seller though.
Can’t stomach buying another e13. I know they’ve apparently improved, but $500+ for something I’m not particularly chuffed about, I’ll pass on. (Lock rings on current one are a bit worn and come loose after a short ride)
So.
These are on Aliexpress. Price is good. Weight isn’t a concern...other than lighter weight concerns me more that it won’t hold up well.
It’s for Felix’s spare wheels as stated, but I still want it to hold up to his aggressive riding and shifting. 9-46 is enticing too. He loves top end speed. (Main reason I’m not keen on shimano etc 11-46). He’s already running 34t front and wouldn’t appreciate the speed loss from the 10-46.
Anyone tried these?
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4000516666627.html?spm=a2g0n.shopcart-amp.item.4000516666627&
I haven't run that exact cassette. I've got the fancy lightweight slr 10 speed 11-46 and it's been good. Given that the lowest 3 gears are machined from a single piece of alloy, it's likely to have less longevity than the steel Sunrace equivalent but it's also 200gms lighter.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Have never ordered one but some look interesting.

Always look at postage options before selecting THEN add it to your cart, never hit the buy button because sometimes (often) the postage price changes in the shopping cart.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Do UFOs exist ??

yeah, nah ... but UAPs do

Man I hope the report is awesome and factual and jammed with detail. Then I hope they come up with a communication strategy in my life time.

this is in here because I couldn’t find the YouTube thread. Feel free to move ...

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Just the sheer size of the universe that we presently know plus our limited technology and propulsion that is still mostly based on burning something. I think it is nuts to think that we are alone.

This Turkish incident always interested me.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Similar to my WTF is boost question, WITHFF is Down Country? How much should I spend on a SuperBoost, Down Country, short chainstay, long wheelbase bike?

Been so long, but it's like riding a bike...

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Similar to my WTF is boost question, WITHFF is Down Country? How much should I spend on a SuperBoost, Down Country, short chainstay, long wheelbase bike?
Marketing saw an opportunity to sell you something like you already have, but not exactly the same, but almost.
Of course you need it, how many do you want?

Wil there be an Up Town bike next that is the complete opposite of Down Country?
Will Billy Joel and Bruno Mars be dusted off to sing all Up Town about it?

So many questions, so little time..................

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Marketing saw an opportunity to sell you something like you already have, but not exactly the same, but almost.
Of course you need it, how many do you want?

Wil there be an Up Town bike next that is the complete opposite of Down Country?
Will Billy Joel and Bruno Mars be dusted off to sing all Up Town about it?

So many questions, so little time..................
A big travel bike with road tyres for commuting to work on? Sounds ace.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
So a trail bike?

Long or short sleeved jersey, pad, no pads, goggles, full face or roadie lid?

So many questions.....

Been so long, but it's like riding a bike...
Nice ! I like that train of thought... I actually stood down in my bike room a few weeks back and thought about "D___ C_____y" attire, what should one wear while riding these bikes, what would be appropriate ?

Trail style shoes (no carbon XC), baggies, trail jersey, 1/2 lid trail helmet, gloves and sunnies is the conclusion I came to.

Drop the pads as they are too enduro, we're hinging on XC speed here. Definitely no full face.

moorey

call me Mia
Nice ! I like that train of thought... I actually stood down in my bike room a few weeks back and thought about "D___ C_____y" attire, what should one wear while riding these bikes, what would be appropriate ?

Trail style shoes (no carbon XC), baggies, trail jersey, 1/2 lid trail helmet, gloves and sunnies is the conclusion I came to.

Drop the pads as they are too enduro, we're hinging on XC speed here. Definitely no full face.
Dear god, lets not also assign a required look for the new required bike....