Cassette question

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey all,

I recently purchased a 2013 Transition TR250 (was to cheap to pas up), my plan is to turn it into more of a enduro sort of rig; dropper post and 650b wheel set. The bike climbs surprisingly well, but I ideally would like to get away from the SRAM 9spd DH cassette, and try and go 11spd if that's possible? or something similar with large rings that will greatly assist the up pedal.

the hubs are 12x150, is it possible to fit a taller cassette onto these hubs? I believe they're just factory Tranisition bike hubs (TBC)

thanks guys

moorey

call me Mia
Standard HG hub. Any non XD cassette will fit, even some 12sp. That said, it’s geometry is really not well suited to an enduro style bike. Shorter forks will leave your BB too low for pedalling around.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
A mate had one of these, single crown 180mm forks? Its a Mini DH bike but no reason you cant pedal up on it with some easier gearing and 180mm is basically enduro anyway. Think it had some flip chip type setup for making geometry / travel changes in the back end too.

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oh excellent! Much appreciated!

Is there an ideal sized chainring that would work with that combo the best?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Anyone got any opinions on the e-thirteen Helix R cassettes ?

I was looking either at the e13 or the Garburuk in 12spd microspline.

Stock is low or non existent most places as usual

MTBD has a 11-52 Garburuk microspline but its $440 and I can get the e13 in 9-50 from BikeComponents for $335.

Bike24 out of stock of the Garburuk at 203 euros ($315au) or it would have been a goer.

Jpez

Down on the left!

MTBD has a 11-52 Garburuk microspline but its $440 and I can get the e13 in 9-50 from BikeComponents for $335.

Bike24 out of stock of the Garburuk at 203 euros ($315au) or it would have been a goer.

I had the V1. It was a piece of poo. But all reports say this new Helix is really good.
I found a cheap one at R2 bike a couple of months ago and it’s only just shipped so they may have stock. And I mean HEAPS cheaper than those highway robbers MTB Direct and Pushys want for them.
so no sorry. I haven’t yet tried one but I expect good things.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Installed my Helix R this week. Light, shifts very crisply, better than the 11sp Garbaruk it replaced. Haven't had a 12sp Shimano cassette so can't comment on how it compares to that, and only one ride in so far so can't comment on longer term use.

Initial impressions are very good though.

Petero

Likes Dirt

Is this for your weight weenie build? Just get the ZTTO, you know you want to.. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001283837331.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.7.47046fd08fdlAI

ozzybmx

Is this for your weight weenie build? Just get the ZTTO, you know you want to..
Its to replace the M6100 near 600g cassette on the Spur. I'll stick with reputable brands ;)

I need microspline too.

Those would be good replacements on their enduro bikes where everything get hammered.

Scotty675

Cable thief
I’m running an 11-52 garbaruk, it’s been fine. Not as smooth as a shimano 10-45 but ok. If you want an xt 10-51 flick me a message. It’s new, I bought it when I couldn’t find a 10-45.

ozzybmx

I’m running an 11-52 garbaruk, it’s been fine. Not as smooth as a shimano 10-45 but ok. If you want an xt 10-51 flick me a message. It’s new, I bought it when I couldn’t find a 10-45.
Cheers Scotty but I'm on a mission to drop weight, the Helix R is a 345g cassette.