Rotorburn equivalent for utes? - Haakon vs The World

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Mine tips the scales at 2.7t with just my tools and equipment on board. Last week I loaded the tray between the toolboxes with 1/4m of packing sand. Week before I had a busted hotty leaking rusty water in there twice. I regularly have to drop used waste pipes in there and other gross things. Working in the dandenongs, 4wd is near essential over winter with all the steep unsealed driveways and slippy front yards I need to park in.

Totally impractical for the purpose, more or less as useful as a pair or earrings

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk
*no one in Europe uses them.

What’s the legal GVM on that thing…? That’s gotta be stretching safety limits. If you’re loading it that much all the time sounds like you’d be better off (and safer) in a proper vehicle.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
*no one in Europe uses them.

What’s the legal GVM on that thing…? That’s gotta be stretching safety limits. If you’re loading it that much all the time sounds like you’d be better off (and safer) in a proper vehicle.
3t

What's a proper vehicle?

Needs to fit in city carparks
Needs 4wd
Needs to carry weight
Needs to secure expensive tools
Needs space seperate to the cabin for yukky things

I think I'm as close as I'm going to get

(I'm back to technician work next week, I'm not looking for a solution, just wondering what you think might tick all these boxes better)

Haakon

What the fuck does Europe have to do with anything?
They tend to be less inclined to choose work vehicles based on the size of their willie and/or fashion status. That market also has more options for practical options.

They still manage to build shit in inclement conditions ok without a fully sik raptor to wobble around in.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
My rodeo dual cab has an ex-telstra box on the back. Passenger side lift door has tool shelves. Drivers side lift door, concertina's for tight access. Rear lift door also accesses main compartment.

Can fit two bikes with wheels off, 3 if I put front wheels in the back seat.

Through summer and autumn, I only need to engage 4wd a few times a month. In winter and spring, rarely a day goes by that I don't need it.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

mark22

Likes Dirt
I do a fair amount of KMs on the hwy and have noticed the aggressive driving practices of some dual cab drivers like sitting way to close and trying to bully you out of their way and weaving in and out of traffic (undertaking) .
Now that these vehicles now have a reasonable amount of power I swear some of think they are driving a performance car.
The video in this thread is a great example of a small collision going pear shaped with 4wd utes.
Been a 4wd owner in some form, mainly utes for 35 years, but I wouldn't have one if I didn't use it for its 4wd capability. the car is much better drive.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Utes are so you can go to site during the week and can fit 5 bikes in the back and do shuttles with mates on the weekend.
All you corporate squids out here would realise this if you weren’t spending $700 on eagle cassettes and bumbags to pedal up to the top of the shitty IMBA flow trails and got a proper DH rig.
utes do mad skids, that’s why vans suck

Haakon

Utes are so you can go to site during the week and can fit 5 bikes in the back and do shuttles with mates on the weekend.
All you corporate squids out here would realise this if you weren’t spending $700 on eagle cassettes and bumbags to pedal up to the top of the shitty IMBA flow trails and got a proper DH rig.
utes do mad skids, that’s why vans suck
Shuttles… pfft, pay the gravity tax like a proper mountain biker ;)

Besides, us corporates are spending a whole lot less money on out fancy cassettes and bum bags than you are on those tonka trucks!

Haakon

I do a fair amount of KMs on the hwy and have noticed the aggressive driving practices of some dual cab drivers like sitting way to close and trying to bully you out of their way and weaving in and out of traffic (undertaking) .
Now that these vehicles now have a reasonable amount of power I swear some of think they are driving a performance car.
The video in this thread is a great example of a small collision going pear shaped with 4wd utes.
Been a 4wd owner in some form, mainly utes for 35 years, but I wouldn't have one if I didn't use it for its 4wd capability. the car is much better drive.
Rollovers are hard to get out of unscathed. Does my head in that people buy these and SUVs for their “safety”…

Mattyp

Cows go boing
They tend to be less inclined to choose work vehicles based on the size of their willie and/or fashion status.
Really??? How many company executives get around in an Aurion? I think you'll find that (edit: Corporate Squids) White Collars are probably more guilty of Willie based purchases than the Tradies.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
They tend to be less inclined to choose work vehicles based on the size of their willie and/or fashion status. That market also has more options for practical options.

They still manage to build shit in inclement conditions ok without a fully sik raptor to wobble around in.
The travel distance in the UK/Europe is short. Tradies hardly even go to the next town for work, holidays are jumping on a plane and heading to Spain. Fuel prices are twice what they are here and the average wage is 50% less than ours.

Living in a vast country like this with 60% of the public roads still unsealed and great distances to travel requires a bit more thought than an electric vehicle to drive 15 miles a day.

The whole travelling part over here is completely different, throwing bikes and a swag in the back of your Ute or 4WD and driving 700km for a trip is nothing, in the UK there is massive percentage of people who never leave a 10 mile radius of the house they were born in year after year.

Last edited:

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.

Besides, us corporates are spending a whole lot less money on out fancy cassettes and bum bags than you are on those tonka trucks!
People just want a van so they can post overexposed shots living the shitty #vanlife whilst blogging about the latest climb trail to get 10% off some crappy wheels to escape the fact they hate their 9-5 job working in an office.

DON'T FORGET TO LIKE, COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE.

I miss my shitty 2wd 92 triton. It was 4wd if you hit anything fast enough.

@puffmoike get a Norweld tray. Big $$$ but very good.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
There was a legitimate question asked by the OP. There are some tradies on here who can probably answer that. Tradie hate and what anyone does in Europe or Central America isnt relevant. If you can help the OP do so, if you are shit stirring or trolling expect to find your posts edited or subject to mass extinction. It is really tedious. Like seeing that poor little girl wanting two tacos.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski

You're really not a fan of tradies huh? I'm starting to rethink my decision to leave the glamourous world of plumbing

Minlak

custom titis
There was a legitimate question asked by the OP. There are some tradies on here who can probably answer that. Tradie hate and what anyone does in Europe or Central America isnt relevant. If you can help the OP do so, if you are shit stirring or trolling expect to find your posts edited or subject to mass extinction. It is really tedious. Like seeing that poor little girl wanting two tacos.
We really should make a meme of Moorey’s and my arse photos and say why not both.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious

given....but you have to fly to Paris, Rome, Milan to purchase said items..
why don't you shitcan your public service mates that drive utes and leave us workers alone!

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
You're really not a fan of tradies huh? I'm starting to rethink my decision to leave the glamourous world of plumbing

I did report Haakon to the mods a few days back for all this ongoing tradie hate, as it is starting to wear thin.....me thinks he has a pal on the other side!