Rotorburn equivalent for utes? - Haakon vs The World

Minlak

custom titis
Sorry to go on topic here and actually contribute to the actual question.
Consider also what else he might want to use the Ute for - a drop on tray / work box that can be removed and leave you with the tray is handy if you need to come times use it to carry other stuff - if you will only ever use it as a work try get one fabricated to do exactly what you need - will be more expensive but will pay for itself with ease of use. Also consider if he is toting tools etc in it - most insurance companies will have specific criteria to cover you for the tools themselves like the way they lock and bolt on. Can’t help with actual companies but I have a 3M professional tray and love how it’s configured as a tray

Jpez

Down on the left!
More vans with "barn" doors especially, not like all the stupid lift-back ones that prevent you from getting stuff in and out with a forklift.
I loved my XG panel van with barn doors. Until some prick peeled the rubber from the side window, popped the glass and used a stick to open the door from the inside latch. Lucky it was alarmed as it would have been a pricy night that one.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Sorry to go on topic here and actually contribute to the actual question.
Consider also what else he might want to use the Ute for - a drop on tray / work box that can be removed and leave you with the tray is handy if you need to come times use it to carry other stuff - if you will only ever use it as a work try get one fabricated to do exactly what you need - will be more expensive but will pay for itself with ease of use. Also consider if he is toting tools etc in it - most insurance companies will have specific criteria to cover you for the tools themselves like the way they lock and bolt on. Can’t help with actual companies but I have a 3M professional tray and love how it’s configured as a tray
We need an unlike button. On topic..... wtf....

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I’ve run a Vw van for the past 10 years after previously working out of utes. Single & double cab hiluxes then a Ford 1 tonner with a full Tip-Top box and tray setup for a while before getting the van. Fit heaps more in, can walk through and work or get gear in all weather. Racks are a little higher than the utes of course but easily manageable. All the gear is safe and out of sight. I wouldn’t go back to a Ute.... in fact I bought a crafter this year and it fits even more in and drives very nice.
Small van I have 3 seats up front and a removable bench in the rear, more than enough for the family if needed with proper legroom. Dual cab was balls for space.
Crafter only has 2 seats but can get 3.
Both can also be had in 4wd if required, although the transporter is FWD and has traversed from guthega to smiggins in the snow on the old back access road. Not beaches though. Leave that to the proper 4wds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I’ve run a Vw van for the past 10 years after previously working out of utes. Single & double cab hiluxes then a Ford 1 tonner with a full Tip-Top box and tray setup for a while before getting the van. Fit heaps more in, can walk through and work or get gear in all weather. Racks are a little higher than the utes of course but easily manageable. All the gear is safe and out of sight. I wouldn’t go back to a Ute.... in fact I bought a crafter this year and it fits even more in and drives very nice.
Small van I have 3 seats up front and a removable bench in the rear, more than enough for the family if needed with proper legroom. Dual cab was balls for space.
Crafter only has 2 seats but can get 3.
Both can also be had in 4wd if required, although the transporter is FWD and has traversed from guthega to smiggins in the snow on the old back access road. Not beaches though. Leave that to the proper 4wds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And a Ute version as well. For utes that get used for actual work… VW (and Renault etc) cab chassis as well as the vans are the norm in Europe.

https://www.caradvice.com.au/439934/2016-volkswagen-transporter-tdi400-lwb-dual-cab-chassis-review/

Dual cab utes are becoming more common, but no one uses them for work, they’re all fashion accessories.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Dual cab utes are becoming more common, but no one uses them for work, they’re all fashion accessories.
Mine tips the scales at 2.7t with just my tools and equipment on board. Last week I loaded the tray between the toolboxes with 1/4m of packing sand. Week before I had a busted hotty leaking rusty water in there twice. I regularly have to drop used waste pipes in there and other gross things. Working in the dandenongs, 4wd is near essential over winter with all the steep unsealed driveways and slippy front yards I need to park in.

Totally impractical for the purpose, more or less as useful as a pair or earrings

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk