Little Things You Hate

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Better fork and brakes over the Storm 1 and Jr won't be needing a dropper for a year or so as the seat is dropped as far as it goes, it has routing for a dropper post so when that time come I'll raid the garage and rustle something up.

Also when it says Sneak Peak it means they're not in stock yet, I got told October/November for arrival.

Anyways, wrong thread for this.
Great point! Head here for more comment (if you can be arsed!) - https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/in...ike-for-a-growing-11yr-old-151cm-tall.318705/

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Well yeah but is the markup 50%? I mean they do have a business to run as well!
Rest assured they aren't losing money, and yes markup can be as ridiculous as they want it to be. Back in the good old days when shops had left over stock from last year, or even two years ago, you could get yourself a brand new (2yr runout bike) which retailed for $8k for $4k... they were still making money.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Even though Shimano listed them, I am not sure if they were ever sold here in Australia @The Duckmeister might know.
The 8120-GS was designed for 2x12 and given most frames in the past 2 years no lower have routing for a front derailleur may be why it fizzled...
The 9120-GS was produced for the elite-level riders who can run 1x12 with a 45t rear and seems to be selling popular
8120GS is still for 1x12; its more compact body geometry compared to 8100 is primarily what limits it to 45T sprocket. The 2x variant has the long-cage SGS designation, but its geometry is different again; there is less offset on the top pulley, contributing to reduced max. sprocket clearance, while the extra cage length gives it the chain length to cover the front shifting as well as the rear. I don't think the 2x versions were brought into Aus. :(

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Rest assured they aren't losing money, and yes markup can be as ridiculous as they want it to be. Back in the good old days when shops had left over stock from last year, or even two years ago, you could get yourself a brand new (2yr runout bike) which retailed for $8k for $4k... they were still making money.
Bloody hell I didn't realise mark-ups were that good!

moorey

call me Mia
LTIH....after the stress of getting a spot in the Albury enduro, then getting an email which had a preview on phone that read as:

Your Albury Gravity Enduro Entry...
Steps for refund to event....

Thankfully when opened it continued to:
...is confirmed
....if needed

Scared the cuss outta me. Well Played Rohin and EntryZone, well played....