The You Yangs Thread

Jpez

Down on the left!
I'm erring on the side of caution as I don't trust myself coming through Turbs trying to carry any kind of speed, (and can't really afford to take the associated recovery time :D); so instead I'm volunteering as track marshal for the Sunday.
I’ve registered to race but if I can’t get my bike sorted or a new one by then I’ll be Marshalling as well.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Could probably loan you an Altitude for the day...
Very generous offer mate! I’ll see how I go. I’d probably prefer not to loan someone’s bike if I can help it. I’d be devastated if I stacked it and you’d be pretty annoyed.
I will definitely keep it mind though!

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@beeb and I were planning a night ride tomorrow night as well.

Hoping it'll open back up tomorrow morning...

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk
Nice, I'll keep plans in place and hope for some good news tomorrow.

I was going to try and get there around 5:30, if you guys are around would you mind a third wheel tagging along?

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Don't worry, he'll smash us on the descents too. But I'm okay with that. :)

Fingers crossed it opens during the day tomorrow!
No doubt.

It'll be 2 days closed tomorrow morning, so yeah hopefully opened back up by the arvo.

Haven't had any rain since they closed it.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I’d love to to to have a crack at this night riding caper but have no lights. Would any of you fellas have enough spares to loan out for a ride? Won’t be tomorrow as a leave pass would be required for an evening but soon?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I’d love to to to have a crack at this night riding caper but have no lights. Would any of you fellas have enough spares to loan out for a ride? Won’t be tomorrow as a leave pass would be required for an evening but soon?
I've only got the one set sorry mate!

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I've got some spare cheap chinese bike lights.

They aren't excellent, but do throw just enough light to trail ride at night.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I've got some spare cheap chinese bike lights.

They aren't excellent, but do throw just enough light to trail ride at night.

If you don’t mind me tagging along next night ride you do in a couple/few weeks let me know. Would love to give it a try. It’s virtually Impossible to get out for arvo/night rides because of the kid but if I organise it it advance it can be done. If I could borrow for the ride that would be awesome!

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
If you don’t mind me tagging along next night ride you do in a couple/few weeks let me know. Would love to give it a try. It’s virtually Impossible to get out for arvo/night rides because of the kid but if I organise it it advance it can be done. If I could borrow for the ride that would be awesome!
Yeah definitely, no worries.

Beeb and I aim for a mid week night ride, but try and pick the best weather day/night each week.

Do you have a gopro mount on your helmet? I'll bring a few different mount options anyway and we'll rig something up