The QUICK question thread.....

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Ok so that wasn't so bad! I just wanted to avoid any "you did the wrong way" replies.

Anyhoo, today I learned -

• There is a grub screw keeping the cable from popping out the shifter (no need to take the shifter apart - phew!).
  • My bike came as standard with Optislick cabling (nice!).
  • Tin snips make for decent cable cutters.
  • I ask too many questions.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Last silly question - can I pull the cable through from the shifter or should I remove the outer cable from the frame first?

Now I see why you can't visualise the bar thing and the cassette issue. I'll try and get you some pics tomorrow or Monday when I am not working as much.

In answer to this question, yes...just yoink that sucker out! Unless you want to change the outer or the cable path along your frame. Oh and if it is internal... definitely just leave the outer where it is. As much as I want to watch a live feed of you trying to route a new internal cable...

Fuck those Tin snips off dude. Hey will betray you when you need them most and fuck you over.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Now I see why you can't visualise the bar thing and the cassette issue. I'll try and get you some pics tomorrow or Monday when I am not working as much.

In answer to this question, yes...just yoink that sucker out! Unless you want to change the outer or the cable path along your frame. Oh and if it is internal... definitely just leave the outer where it is. As much as I want to watch a live feed of you trying to route a new internal cable...

Fuck those Tin snips off dude. Hey will betray you when you need them most and fuck you over.
I will get proper cable cutters, promise!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I speak from experience...one day you cut a cable just fine with those snips. The next you mangle all 3 spares and don't have a bike. But you do have cables that look like a bush Turkey's nest.
And your tin-snips will be useless for snipping tin too.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I use the dremel for outers. Might give it a go on an inner, next time it's required.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk