The QUICK question thread.....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've had the same dropper pouter on my bike it's whole life...but 3 inner cables.

Make sure you lube everything as you go as well.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Could possibly go in one of the drive train threads, but...

I'm getting a crunching sound coming from the drivetrain when pedalling especially in the easier gears when spinning up a hill.
Having a look at it on the stand, it looks like the chain is getting hung up/sticking at the bottom of the crank on each revolution.
Crankset is a raceface, cassette/derailleur is Shimano 12 spd and chain seems to Shimano HG.
Wrong chain? Cranks and cassette don't play nice? Something else?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Could possibly go in one of the drive train threads, but...

I'm getting a crunching sound coming from the drivetrain when pedalling especially in the easier gears when spinning up a hill.
Having a look at it on the stand, it looks like the chain is getting hung up/sticking at the bottom of the crank on each revolution.
Crankset is a raceface, cassette/derailleur is Shimano 12 spd and chain seems to Shimano HG.
Wrong chain? Cranks and cassette don't play nice? Something else?
Chain suck, something is worn or miss matched, There's a difference between 12speed hyperglide and the old HG-x chains too.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
It is an easy and inexpensive task...so why not? But like I said, if the outer cable is in reasonable condition it won't matter.
Last silly question - can I pull the cable through from the shifter or should I remove the outer cable from the frame first?

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Last silly question - can I pull the cable through from the shifter or should I remove the outer cable from the frame first?
Careful saying silly things like last silly question.

Leave the outer on the bike and just feed it through, I put a glob of grease between my fingers and lube the cable as I'm feeding it into the outer.