All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The strap looks identical to the genuines, maybe it's softer plastic. The sewing on the outside looks better on the fakes, what's it look like on the inside of the pants ?

View attachment 374643
View attachment 374644
I would love if someone could find a source to buy these from. Have previously even emailed Fox AU to ask if I could buy a couple as they aren't stocked in AU stores & they wouldn't ship from US, but no dice.

Flow-Rider

Burner

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There's a few on AliExpress, if you take you're time and do some research you might get onto some quality straps.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32959239085.html?spm=2114.12057483.detail.3.5df039c0wcYkjT
Awesome, clearly I suck at searching. Cheers. Wanting to revive some shorts that either don't have a proper fastening system (looking at you Fox Ranger Lites), or have broken ones. The knockoff Fidlock buckles look interesting too, might grab some to try also.

Flow-Rider

Burner
How did you go with the faux pants @ozzybmx ? :D

I received mine last week and got the sewing needle out for a quick modification, gave the waist band and pockets a stitch up to join the rest of the pants, probably the worst aliexpress shorts I've bought to date. I usually get 4 of the Black SAENSHING pants at a time ($25 each), they seemed to be better made than the same branded zipped pocket blue ones, but they've now gone up in price.

The woswave shorts were surprisingly not too bad, the only problem with them was that they were a little too big because I was on the cusp of two sizes, chose the larger and they only have a non-adjustable elastic waist band. I'll post some pics of the inside of the shorts for people to see below. None of these Ali shorts are the same quality as top line branded stuff that's over $100, there's no confusion there.

Faux Fox shorts

Woswave

CHEWY

Eats Squid
I got a full refund on mine, and have been wearing them a lot, so cant complain really.

I also recieved my faux jersey, quality seems fine but the medium is more like a s/m and is too tight for me to wear.
I should have got the large.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How has delivery been for others?

I placed 3 orders from different sellers on Ali all using Ali standard shipping. First order arrived in 12 days. Second and third ordered 4 days ago and one has already hit Australia and should be here within 3 days. Overall I’m very impressed with Ali.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I got a full refund on mine, and have been wearing them a lot, so cant complain really.
The sewing on the outside of them looks fine, but if they had spent a bit of time sewing the insides properly, you would have some quality shorts. The material mine are made from is thick and heavy too.

I also recieved my faux jersey, quality seems fine but the medium is more like a s/m and is too tight for me to wear.
I should have got the large.
You've got to go off their measurement chart and measure something you have at home to match, I think many of them have their own measuring system that doesn't correspond to the Western sizes.
How has delivery been for others?

I placed 3 orders from different sellers on Ali all using Ali standard shipping. First order arrived in 12 days. Second and third ordered 4 days ago and one has already hit Australia and should be here within 3 days. Overall I’m very impressed with Ali.
Some of the stuff I had ordered 7 weeks ago with the AliExpress mail hasn't arrived, 5 of out of 20 items. Most of the stuff that gets delivered by China post through the aliexpress post seems to be very slow but it usally gets there.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
How did you go with the faux pants @ozzybmx ? :D
I thought I had ordered size 30 for the skids, ended up it was 36.
Definitely fake and too big for me, could downsize to 34.
Material is quite good and the flex-air holes are done well, was thinking about the long flex-air pants for $60 for my boys doing winter train runs.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Couple of pics of the Ican S3, I had intended on painting it, but I am pretty happy with the blacked out look.

At full compression there is 115mm from bolt to bolt so every chance a 165x45 shock will fit for a decent amount of rear wheel travel. Something I'll be looking into for sure.

@komdotkom I pulled all the pivots, they were pretty hard to get apart and everything is already shimmed. Everything was loctited well. I'll pop the bearing seals and put some grease in there though.

Bottom bracket shell was a bit rough, I galled a greased shimano bb cup and destroyed the cup getting it back out. I'll chase up a thread file to clean it out and try again, or find a bike shop with a park thread chaser.
@Ben78 - did you finish getting this built up? (Assuming you did here...) Any thoughts on how it rides?

moorey

call me Mia
I probably should have posted my stupid Q in this thread.
(quoting myself for Beeb)
I’ve made no secret of my distrust of Aliexpress....combined with my lack of experience with ZTTO cassettes....
BUT, I’m looking around for a spare XD 11sp 46t cassette for Felix’s daily wheels rather than wear out racing tyres around local trails.
Been really happy with the XD sun race 10-46 for a bit of a weight penalty, but it’s been solid and reliable. Can’t find one anywhere from a reputable seller though.
Can’t stomach buying another e13. I know they’ve apparently improved, but $500+ for something I’m not particularly chuffed about, I’ll pass on. (Lock rings on current one are a bit worn and come loose after a short ride)
So.
These are on Aliexpress. Price is good. Weight isn’t a concern...other than lighter weight concerns me more that it won’t hold up well.
It’s for Felix’s spare wheels as stated, but I still want it to hold up to his aggressive riding and shifting. 9-46 is enticing too. He loves top end speed. (Main reason I’m not keen on shimano etc 11-46). He’s already running 34t front and wouldn’t appreciate the speed loss from the 10-46.
Anyone tried these?
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4000516666627.html?spm=a2g0n.shopcart-amp.item.4000516666627&

Jpez

Down on the left!
I probably should have posted my stupid Q in this thread.
(quoting myself for Beeb)
Looking forward to hearing how long it takes mini Moorey to bust this. Sorry meant test it! Just joking actually. Just doing a bit of reading since chatting to you and these sound like a good alternative. The 9 tooth set up will be the question mark.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a spare XD 10-46t 11sp Garbaruk if you'd rather something known to be reliable, would be happy with 150ish.

That said, the ZTTO doesn't look half bad, certainly looks more solid than the older ones with alloy low gears.

moorey

call me Mia
Looking forward to hearing how long it takes mini Moorey to bust this. Sorry meant test it! Just joking actually. Just doing a bit of reading since chatting to you and these sound like a good alternative. The 9 tooth set up will be the question mark.
It will...though the 9t wasn’t my beef with the e13, but who knows. Will bang it on Quinn’s bike if I’m concerned about strength after eyeballing it. Ok, you got me...my bike is probably better suited.
You don’t always get what you pay for, so time will tell. I can’t stomach the 11-46 shimano options....through its the smart move for a spare wheel set...might be plan C.

moorey

call me Mia
I have a spare XD 10-46t 11sp Garbaruk if you'd rather something known to be reliable, would be happy with 150ish.
I don’t know anything about garabunk (yes, I can’t help reading it as that) models at all. They popped up as options also. They’re aimed at the weight weenie market more? Sorry for my ignorance.