Electric Vehicles etc

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
This is more scary.

The 1.5C pathways etc are net zero CO₂ by 2050 and other GHGs by 2070, BUT they rely on about 800 billion tonnes of CO₂ removal as well. Our current emissions are around 37 billion tonnes of CO₂ per annum (FF) plus aroung 4 billion tonnes of CO₂ per annum (land use), putting the sequestration requirements into stark reality.

What Toyota does really makes no difference.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Partisan bullshit? Really? I missed that part.

That would be a Labor Government for those playing along at home.

Sorry but I'm just f***ing sick of propaganda like the above skewing an issue into yet another TEAM A GOOD, TEAM B BAD. Taxing or incentivising EVs is part of a broad and complex discussion. I understand why our State government is implementing an EV tax to make up for the future reduction in fuel taxes in the same way I understand other countries are incentivising EVs to increase their resources security (or to give OPEC the middle finger). Differing priorities, differing cultures, differing complexities in the sizes and logistics of charging stations and networks, blah blah blah.

(edited because @mike14 kindly pointed out they do)

Last edited:

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Sorry but I'm just f***ing sick of propaganda like the above skewing an issue into yet another TEAM A GOOD, TEAM B BAD. Taxing or incentivising EVs is part of a broad and complex discussion. I understand why our State government is implementing an EV tax to make up for the future reduction in fuel taxes in the same way I understand other countries are incentivising EVs to increase their resources security (or to give OPEC the middle finger). Differing priorities, differing cultures, differing complexities in the sizes and logistics of charging stations and networks, blah blah blah.
This is why you watch to the end. They point out the stupidity of the Victorian government

Haakon

Keeps on digging

(edited because @mike14 kindly pointed out they do)
That may be all true, but you're assuming this is the correct response to so called differing priorities etc.It may well be, but don't assume its propaganda just because they're relaying the opinions of all the motoring groups and manufactures and the industry in general, and challenging the underling premise that road funding would suffer otherwise.