What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
When shuttling a track I don't generally bother strapping them down. But if it's a bumpy shuttle or actually travelling long distances I use a tie-down between the back two ute tie-down points and then run a cam-buckle tie-down over each top tube and down around the ute tie-down.
Can you take a snap for me next time please? I'm getting a ute soon and I'm shit with those kinds of things!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Yeah, I guess some people/occupations need something like a hilux, ranger etc for work.

Me, I drive a suzuki swift everyday unless I need the hilux for the above activities.
We run a Polo for daily duties (about to trade in our Forester) but getting a ute so we can do more camping trips and take bikes too!

rstim

Likes Dirt
Road to work today. Stupid hours and girlfriends new job (new job isn't stupid) eating in to any actual riding time I used to get.
Moving to Tas in July, having a month off work and just found out our temporary accomodation is about 45 mins drive from Derby.
Where will you be living? I'm 45mins from Derby at Bridport.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Mate got a new bicycle so we went out for a sneaky after work ride:

Was running 35-40% sag (mate is a bit lighter than me) and big baggy 2.6s - and it still accelerates like a cut cat. Brief opportunities for descending were..... surprising..

I could go into my feelings and emotions about it but this meme covers that off adequately:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
25km this morning, then another 23 at the Youies tonight. Got waaaaaaay too dark for my old eyes down Boulder.
Went to grab lights out of bag for a solo cressy run under lights, but dozens of Roos and wallabies on the trails changed my mind. View attachment 373974
Good call, they get pretty friendly. I was going pretty quick down the bottom section of Lactic once in the late arvo and the world's largest Wallaby launched out of camouflage to either say hi or get me to stop speeding in his / her neighbourhood. Either way, I like Saint brakes.

moorey

call me Mia
Good call, they get pretty friendly. I was going pretty quick down the bottom section of Lactic once in the late arvo and the world's largest Wallaby launched out of camouflage to either say hi or get me to stop speeding in his / her neighbourhood. Either way, I like Saint brakes.
Roos are more predictable, and if you see one, you’ll see numerous together.
Wallabies are like twitchy meth heads trying to evade the cops. Not keen on encountering them. Got enough on my home trails, and they don’t encourage the speeds of the Youies tracks...and no big rocks.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Roos are more predictable, and if you see one, you’ll see numerous together.
Wallabies are like twitchy meth heads trying to evade the cops. Not keen on encountering them. Got enough on my home trails, and they don’t encourage the speeds of the Youies tracks...and no big rocks.
Wallabies are also built Wombat tough. That one I saw was chonky as well as sizey. Good eating at the Youies evidently.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Wednesday at work, a solution finally hit me for how to stow a spare tube neatly on the Torrent. Got home and got it done. The Sight doesn't allow similar due to not enough clearance between bottle cage and shock, so I've shoved one up behind the head tube.

The storage pouch and pump (got an extra bracket for the Sight) transfer over in around a minute. Easy peasy.

Yes, I know Tubolitos and CO2 canisters exist, but as I've had exactly one flat in the four years I've been running tubeless, I don't consider it to be worth spending the extra money at this time.