The QUICK question thread.....

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Anyone using offset bushings to raise bottom bracket? Did they twist at all?
Been using them to fit a longer shock and get slightly more travel and keep geo close to stock. I haven't noticed any twisting.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Use them on almost all my bikes. But to slacken/lower. No twist, and can’t see they would.
What size you need @wkkie ?
For that they're on the outer edges, the way there naturally forced by the shock. For raising the BB they have to be on the inside. I've seen that sometimes they can turn back around to the outside, but not sure exactly how common that is... Anyway, not a massive outlay to give it a try I suppose.

I'd be looking at 8mm X 22.2mm for the sizing.

moorey

call me Mia
For that they're on the outer edges, the way there naturally forced by the shock. For raising the BB they have to be on the inside. I've seen that sometimes they can turn back around to the outside, but not sure exactly how common that is... Anyway, not a massive outlay to give it a try I suppose.

I'd be looking at 8mm X 22.2mm for the sizing.
If straight, I reckon they’ll stay put.
Got 8x22 if that’s close enough.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I might try your DHF backwards on the front trick @moorey. Can't be any worse than forwards on the front.

I do just run the DHR2 regular way up front. I find it has more overall grip and consistency than the DHF (normal way).

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Thanks everyone for the confirmation, I thought as much.

@beeb was kind enough to lend me a DHR to try on the front at some stage. But I think I might do it tonight as I can hear some dry sealant boogers rolling around in the MM. I will also swap out the HD on the back for the previous Rock razor, fix my dodgy rim tape job (to be fair it has lasted since Dec 2020)