Mtb prices gone stupid: The Renovation, Planning Permission & Fkn Tradies (and climate change and dog breeding ethics, +greyhound appreciation) Thread

Flow-Rider

Burner
Are you building a retaining wall or a mtb track there ?
We're not building man, dickhead developers and council thought it was a good idea to put half a road on a property boundary next door, they had to terrace their block to make it level and all the overland water flow was blocked off and the drainage wasn't done properly.

Last edited:

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Yep, our block is currently zoned for farming use but also zoned future industrial, the developers lied to the council and told them that they had a future contract to purchase our property which was BS.
You chasing compensation or removal?

Flow-Rider

Burner
You chasing compensation or removal?
Half of the road is on their land, who ever ends up developing ours will need to install the rest of the road and most likely have no say in it. You can't win against them because the council is on their side, it's big dollars and lengthy court cases to challenge pricks like this, Hight court stuff with Queen's councillors ($$$$$). All we can do is be a thorn in their arse.

Attachments

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Half of the road is on their land, who ever ends up developing ours will need to install the rest of the road and most likely have no say in it. You can't win against them because the council is on their side, it's big dollars and lengthy court cases to challenge pricks like this, Hight court stuff with Queen's councillors ($$$$$). All we can do is be a thorn in their arse.
That's insane. Not sure how something like that ever passed planning. Corruption.

Flow-Rider

Burner
That's insane. Not sure how something like that ever passed planning. Corruption.
Happens all the time here, the worst thing now is that we're partly liable for their dodgy retaining wall. The local council really made me laugh when they asked where the stormwater connection from the developments above was on our property, a private certifier signed off on the work that never happened.
Political donations!
Pretty much.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
That is my profession and I can’t work it out.

Have seen a builder build a house on the wrong lot. Overseas owner and it reached roof framing before anyone realised the issue.
I'm in Surveying, so this stuff interests me. I usually see builders square off from the wrong pegs which sometimes ends in tears, but the wrong block.. only ever heard one other case of that happening.

Happens all the time here, the worst thing now is that we're partly liable for their dodgy retaining wall. The local council really made me laugh when they asked where the stormwater connection from the developments above was on our property, a private certifier signed off on the work that never happened.
Crazy corrupt.

goobags

Likes Dirt

View attachment 373961
Wow. The building and construction industry has a lot to answer for. If a mine did that, it would be on national media before it even happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is what shits me .- no wonder Parks wanna lock dickheads out - of all persuasions , walking dead , camping dead , mtb'ing dead , horse dead
Just dead -heads in general .

if all the humans were culled- nature could bounce back

Ps ,
I feel for you after having a retaining wall collapse and wash my neighbours into my backyard - all houses from now one are at the top of a hill .

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
From the story above, that's the weirdest self-portrait I've seen in a while:

She looks like a mannequin.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
The fire station orientated the wrong way on the block still gets used as a joke in my workplace

Sadly all I can quickly find is very brief

Last edited: