Little Things You Hate

tobbogonist

a registered member
books that don't put a synopsis on the back but a series of short quotes saying how great it is. if i have no idea what its about i don't care how good someone I don't know says it is.
I saw an advertisment in a print magazine at work, some sort of anti ageifier, full page add with about eight 5 star reviews plastered across the majority of the page. Reading the reviews i noticed it was always; 'review...' - john smith (fb).
Asked someone what fb means.. facebook.
8 facebook users left 5 star reviews. The company then paid to use them as advertising through a media facebook is killing off.
Reviews are bullshit. I know comics who would get a 'not a great show' - the age. One comedy festival. Next festival smack in the middle of their poster '...great show' - the Age.
Although i've read some pretty shonky synopses in my time also.

slowmick

38-39"
Family went to see the inlaws yesterday so i booked myself a ticket to a movie last night. First ticket sold - allocated seats.
Turn up last night and there are two people in the cinema. They are sitting in my booked seat. Proceed to talk through the movie.
First Trip to the cinema since November 2019.
Total number of seats in the cinema = 190.
Total number of patrons = 8.
Total number of can'ts = 2

moorey

call me Mia
Family went to see the inlaws yesterday so i booked myself a ticket to a movie last night. First ticket sold - allocated seats.
Turn up last night and there are two people in the cinema. They are sitting in my booked seat. Proceed to talk through the movie.
I HAAAAAAAAATE the cinema.
My wife won’t let me bitch about the movie loudly. What’s the point?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Was the movie any good?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

slowmick

38-39"
Was the movie any good?
Saw Nobody. Kinda like a middle aged John Wick. Lot's of violence and an eclectic sound track.
Was nice to watch a movie without continually turning the volume up for dialogue and down for action. The joys of small kids.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Was the movie any good?

I can pretty much generalise about everything on offer atm

STINKER!

Studios can’t and won’t release anything decent for a few reasons until the world recovers

The marketing campaigns need to be executed simultaneously world wide to maximise profits. Studios take 45-55% of the ticket price for the first 2-4 weeks a movie plays. They need maximum attendance at the start.

Piracy is still an issue. Even though tracking where a movie was stolen from is easy now, once the cat is out of the bag, many many millions are lost.

Until the majority of US and EU cinemas are back open, it’s b and c grade dregs for now. Or local productions like the Dry, which was really good.

With mutant strains on the loose, I’m starting to think all of 2021 is lost too as far as Hollywood studio releases are concerned.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Piracy is still an issue. Even though tracking where a movie was stolen from is easy now, once the cat is out of the bag, many many millions are lost.
The only cinema release I'm really hanging for is the new Bond. I hope that doesn't leak out.

One very good thing to come from the virus is Australia is looking like an attractive place to make movies.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
The only cinema release I'm really hanging for is the new Bond. I hope that doesn't leak out.

One very good thing to come from the virus is Australia is looking like an attractive place to make movies.
Half of the flipping actors are living here at the moment so makes sense to film here why they are all here.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yesterday...

I worked a fuck off long one yesterday, 8am to 11pm. Across the day a few things really fucked me off...

1) work for the sole folks came and did lawn maintenance at the premises I worked at in the day time. First off this shit is akin to slavery and I can't understand how we let it perpetuate! Anyway these dunder heads managed to cover my bike in grass cuttings and shit, whole also slashing my tyre. I pointed this out to their supervisor in the least hostile way I could, saying I wasn't angry about it just that I would appreciate a little more care next time. Afterall the bike is bright red and easy to see...next thing I've 10 fuckwits (including their supervisor) crowding round by bike trying to tell me how they did nuffin rong and it must be my fault. Look guys the bike was covered in shit and there is a cut in the tyre...seems pretty obvious to me. By contrast a young fellow with a significant disability normally does this work unsupervised and has managed to go about 6 months without so much a whisper of grass getting on my bike.

2) event last night with a lot of surf culture bros...fuck me! Does Sal water corpse brain cells? I've never seen so many people struggle so hard to choose between 2 very different beers! A lager and an IPA. Then struggle to work out how many they wanted...the communal level of daftness made any dh enduro bro shuttle van look ready to solve the riddles of intergalactic time travel!

3) tonight is jazz music and old people...fuck me!