Mtb prices gone stupid: The Renovation, Planning Permission & Fkn Tradies (and climate change and dog breeding ethics, +greyhound appreciation) Thread

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
You can run rentals with an ABN in Australia, it gives them more tax breaks if they have multiple investments. Australia is a few years behind the rest of the world, everything that you have seen happen in Britain, it's happened here later on, just look at the end of Industrialisation from Union intervention. With open global markets the world will even out eventually I reckon.
If you run rentals with an ABN you can still claim everything ?

They closed the travel loophole claim to holiday homes and rentals a while back.

Darryl heading to Bonnie Doon for a weekend on the piss and some fishing... claims he was actually fixing gutters and cutting grass for the next tenants. 600km return claim 12 times a year is a big break.

Flow-Rider

Burner
If you run rentals with an ABN you can still claim everything ?

They closed the travel loophole claim to holiday homes and rentals a while back.

Darryl heading to Bonnie Doon for a weekend on the piss and some fishing... claims he was actually fixing gutters and cutting grass for the next tenants. 600km return claim 12 times a year is a big break.
I'm not sure on travel with an ABN, a friend I knew done it years ago but said the paper-work was a lot of work just for the few rentals they had.

ozzybmx

I'm not sure on travel with an ABN, a friend I knew done it years ago but said the paper-work was a lot of work just for the few rentals they had.
I had a mate that was claiming a shit load of kilometres heading up to look after his holiday rental that was priced more expensive than others in the area, his only booked out at long weekends and school holidays he had not 'blanked out' for himself. Return trips were around 400km.

When the travel loophole closed, the deal was not as sweet.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
True, but that house has quite reasonable bones (assuming no extensive white ant damage). The house itself isn't worthy of a bulldozer.
'cept putting any decent meat back onto them will cost as much as a new build.

Shitty outdated floor plan. Moving services in an existing shell is $$

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
True, but that house has quite reasonable bones (assuming no extensive white ant damage). The house itself isn't worthy of a bulldozer.
Lot of work to make it liveable.
Full kitchen, full bathroom, paint, floors etc etc

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
$350K would have bought you this beauty at the base of the hills in Perth ...https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-greenmount-135812574

ozzybmx

$350K would have bought you this beauty at the base of the hills in Perth ...https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-greenmount-135812574
Decent suburb ?

I looked into knocking down, sub-dividing, rebuilding and it was an absolute headf%#k + the renting of a place for 12-18 months while it happens.

The council gets their oar in, the builder gets his pound of flesh with provisional sums, the council again specify all this energy saving measures that the builder then has crazy prices for. I walked out of our builders office on the day we were to sign the contract, 3.5k already paid to them for bullshit designs and soil testing... missus was in tears. I was ready to punch some chunt for lying to us.

I will never ever build a house in this country.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Decent suburb ?

I looked into knocking down, sub-dividing, rebuilding and it was an absolute headf%#k + the renting of a place for 12-18 months while it happens.

The council gets their oar in, the builder gets his pound of flesh with provisional sums, the council again specify all this energy saving measures that the builder then has crazy prices for. I walked out of our builders office on the day we were to sign the contract, 3.5k already paid to them for bullshit designs and soil testing... missus was in tears. I was ready to punch some chunt for lying to us.

I’m in that space and I’d recommend never doing it. I consider property development to be about as ethical as organised crime. It’s just one crook after the next trying to get their fill

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I’m in that space and I’d recommend never doing it. I consider property development to be about as ethical as organised crime. It’s just one crook after the next trying to get their fill
I know two ethical, great builders. They tackle commercial and resi, both quit expensive, and in demand. Both I’d trust with a first born.

But fuck I could write a book about the useless cunts I wouldn’t let build a chook shed.

One commercial disaster, structural steel horizontal members with 3 degree falls. Couldn’t get isolated footings the same height in a structure with steel exposed on the inside of the room. Stands out like dogs balls.

Same builder. Existing tilt up panel building. 4th level is a roof deck, steel columns running down to the dirt. Existing roof stayed in place.

Footings holding up the roof deck in one corner of the structure have dropped 30-40mm. Combo of poor soil geo, undersized footings, and drainage issues never addressed. You know when water pours out badly layered concrete from the slab that’s under ground level on a wet day 30m away on another section of the site, there’s issues.

Slabs with a perimeter strip footing 1200 below finished ground level and no external drainage treatment. I’ve never seen so much black mould in a commercial setting. House owners in FNQ would have been saying “at least we’re not that”

Back to the original issue. You really need to be an owner builder. Or buy from one.

My old boss built his own dream house. Frame is square. Screwed, not nailed.

Roof gutters with fall, and more then one down pipe for 250meters of roof . Some mythical shit never seen anymore.

He just got his certificate of occupancy. Inspector said he almost never has any dramas with owner builders doing intentionally dodgy shit, just honest mistakes that are normally pretty mild.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know two ethical, great builders. They tackle commercial and resi, both quit expensive, and in demand. Both I’d trust with a first born.

But fuck I could write a book about the useless cunts I wouldn’t let build a chook shed.

One commercial disaster, structural steel horizontal members with 3 degree falls. Couldn’t get isolated footings the same height in a structure with steel exposed on the inside of the room. Stands out like dogs balls.

Same builder. Existing tilt up panel building. 4th level is a roof deck, steel columns running down to the dirt. Existing roof stayed in place.

Footings holding up the roof deck in one corner of the structure have dropped 30-40mm. Combo of poor soil geo, undersized footings, and drainage issues never addressed. You know when water pours out badly layered concrete from the slab that’s under ground level on a wet day 30m away on another section of the site, there’s issues.

Slabs with a perimeter strip footing 1200 below finished ground level and no external drainage treatment. I’ve never seen so much black mould in a commercial setting. House owners in FNQ would have been saying “at least we’re not that”

Back to the original issue. You really need to be an owner builder. Or buy from one.

My old boss built his own dream house. Frame is square. Screwed, not nailed.

Roof gutters with fall, and more then one down pipe for 250meters of roof . Some mythical shit never seen anymore.

He just got his certificate of occupancy. Inspector said he almost never has any dramas with owner builders doing intentionally dodgy shit, just honest mistakes that are normally pretty mild.
I’ve seen some classic examples of late too

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Decent suburb ?

Ive been trying to get my block subdivided for two years... Council and planners and heritage advisers all conspiring to make it a monumental headfuck...