The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Not always, heaps of reported Uber and cab driver sexual assaults around these days. You wouldn't generally expect a work peer that holds such a high position in law to do such an act, you'd feel more safe around that person than a stranger.
It doesn't really matter why or how Brittany got into Canberra house, you don't force yourself onto someone that's drunk or passed out and you don't keep on going in the act if someone says "no", that type of shit is just wrong.
That should be self evident to any reasonable person who isn't a fuckwit...
got links to stats, reports or the like? I would be interested to read up on this.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Honestly, there’s just no way a staffer should be allowed to duck into Parliament House at 2am, pissed or not. Speaking of workplace culture, if going into the office in the middle of the night in all states to collect ministerial documents etc is standard practice to the point that security just shrugs then the whole place needs a clean out. What a farce.
You don't really know why they went back there or the story that the victim was told, everything is just assumptions at this stage. I once had forgotten a safe open in a workshop with lots of money in it and had remembered at midnight in bed and went back to lock it.

got links to stats, reports or the like? I would be interested to read up on this.
https://theconversation.com/ubers-d...l-assaults-does-that-mean-its-not-safe-128689

https://www.google.com/search?q=cab...ts&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
You don't really know why they went back there or the story that the victim was told, everything is just assumptions at this stage. I once had forgotten a safe open in a workshop with lots of money in it and had remembered at midnight in bed and went back to lock it.
Pretty sure the report I saw had Brittany saying he was going to drop her home but said he had to swing by the office to pick up some documents. But I may be getting confused.

I agree there are exceptions when people need access but they should be just that - exceptions. If there was genuine need for him to collect something from the defence minister’s office then doing so with a shit faced colleague in tow at two in the morning constitutes pretty fucking lax security protocol. On top of the alleged rape and everything else we should also be pretty pissed off that our government* which sets workplace laws for everyone else is such a shit show of an employer.

*parliament, sorry

Last edited:

ForkinGreat

Pretty sure the report I saw had Brittany saying he was going to drop her home but said he had to swing by the office to pick up some documents. But I may be getting confused.

I agree there are exceptions when people need access but they should be just that - exceptions. If there was genuine need for him to collect something from the defence minister’s office then doing so with a shit faced colleague in tow at two in the morning constitutes pretty fucking lax security protocol. On top of the alleged rape and everything else we should also be pretty pissed off that our government* which sets workplace laws for everyone else is such a shit show of an employer.

*parliament, sorry
I don't think it's lax, it's a deliberate "not your problem" protocol that security appears to be ordered to follow.
It's fucking disturbing and criminally wrong, is what it is.

ANYTHING that happens in and around Parliament house should be the absolute exemplar of behaviour, for others to emulate, rather than the sordid hive of scum & villainy, Sexual assault, sex parties, ejaculating on furniture, lying and complete lack of transparency in government, rorting taxpayer money, and suppression and corrosion of democracy that we do have.

Last edited:

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I don't think it's lax, it's a deliberate "not your problem" protocol that security appears to be ordered to follow.
It's fucking disturbing and criminally wrong, is what it is.
Yeah sorry I meant lax document/information security. As in anyone on staff can just go to work and pick up documents from a minister’s office in the middle of the night. Wtf. Agreed on the “not your business” approach to building security. Fucking ridic.

Flow-Rider

Burner

I agree there are exceptions when people need access but they should be just that - exceptions. If there was genuine need for him to collect something from the defence minister’s office then doing so with a shit faced colleague in tow at two in the morning constitutes pretty fucking lax security protocol. On top of the alleged rape and everything else we should also be pretty pissed off that our government which sets workplace laws for everyone else is such a shit show of an employer.
Yeah, one law for them and another for us, untouchables I suppose.

ForkinGreat

Yeah, one law for them and another for us, untouchables I suppose.
Not for too much longer, I suspect. Though I suppose it will persist in some form.
I sense that there will be a series of purges and 'cleaning-house' , and not just steam cleaning of ministers' offices after rapes.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal

Not only was Andrew Laming MP BULLYING women on Facebook, he Also STALKED ONE OF THEM.
An apology from that shitstain doesn't begin to be adequate for his criminal behaviour.
And goooone, stepping aside or kicked out?

Flow-Rider

Burner

ForkinGreat

And goooone, stepping aside or kicked out?

I think the only therapy that might work for him would be prosecution and being sued, and some 'repeated heavy duty baseball bat to the head and groin' therapy. FFS, that cancerous rectal polyp gives cancerous rectal polyps a bad name.

I'm not even shocked or angry right now. I just want to know how much more bullshit, rape, bullying, stalking, embezzlement, rorting, lying to parliament etc will it actually take to get the LNP the fuck out of office, having a majority, whatever. Does #Scrotumo actually have to stab some people, to get the LNP kicked out???

Last edited:

ForkinGreat

Looks like a vampire with no teeth
but a vampire who shits himself in odd places, and often sharts from the mouth during press conferences, it seems.
He does have teeth, though. Gaslighting teeth, victim blaming teeth, Nasty, vicious **DARVO teeth.

** DARVO ="deny, attack, and reverse victim and offender". It is a common manipulation strategy of psychological abusers.

Last edited:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Just wondering, are there any LNP voters here on Rotorburn that are still planning to vote LNP at the next federal election?
Yes and no. But the appeal started waning before ScoMo. Hockey's dare to GM that killed Holden (and by association the Australian car industry) didn't help, but the 2014 Budget was just a fucking joke. Hope was raised with Turnbull, but... yeah.

Actually I don't think I even voted LNP in 2018, just preferenced them favourably from memory.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Yeah sorry I meant lax document/information security. As in anyone on staff can just go to work and pick up documents from a minister’s office in the middle of the night. Wtf. Agreed on the “not your business” approach to building security. Fucking ridic.
From what I read bloke knew how to throw his weight around and did a combination of smooth talking and veiled threats to get in. One of those"I always get what I want" types.

Also security didn't realise how pissed they were until they were allowed through and Higgins couldn't get her shoes back on, at which point they'd already been issued passes. Still pretty weird though. You can't get away with that with security at literally any pub yet at Parliament House? Yeh nah worries.