DH Nationals 2021 Trail Build

nathanm

Eats Squid

Looks like not everyone agrees with @nathanm
"massive practice and the track falls to pieces".

Hopefully the forecast rain stays away. 1-5mm on Saturday should just hopefully bed it in and make it prime for Sundays racing. Plus I don't want to get soaked whilst marshalling, which they still need people for.

clockworked

Like an orange
That bottom section is epic and absolutely perfect for spectators granted and hopefully you're right, once it chews up it may become highly technical. Anyway worse case Jayne and I will lob down the bottom and she can watch the guys send it.

Hi Liam, thanks for your feedback. Much like the owner of Dirt Art my personal opinions and that of my (proposed) company are independent of each other. I agree that I have been critical personally of the owner of Dirt Art previously however I am fully aware that Maydena and the builders of this track are very much independent of that. However what I said was

How is that stupid? you can bet your ass if Troy Brosnan or similar make a similar comment I'll be straight back here suggesting you tell him he's stupid. I just personally think they could have build a lot more technical features into the track to make the racing more difficult and see a wider spread in the field. I would not be surprised if a few unknowns make it into top 10 purely because they send it nor the top 20 separated by just a second or two. This is probably a good thing to many. Again this is just my personal preference as to how I like to watch DH racing. I do believe you would not need a big DH bike to race it, but I could be proven wrong as it's just gopro footage. I remember watching the Cairns DH race and that course just wasn't as interesting as a spectator to most others and the outcry over Jared Graves at South Africa, though that's mostly down to him as a flat out brilliant rider.

I did not say the track wasn't well built, nor that it wont provide good racing, nor that people wont like it. I just would have like to have seen a really gnarly, hardcore DH track full of obstacles that challenges the best riders in Aus technically.
I was at that cairns world cup, and the track was way harder than it looked on video. I'd be surprised if it isn't the case with this track too.

nathanm

Eats Squid
I was at that cairns world cup, and the track was way harder than it looked on video. I'd be surprised if it isn't the case with this track too.
Absolutely no doubt there. I just need to get over the fact it's a "Park" style track not a "back in my day" technical one, though when all that dirt gets moved after 4 days of riding it's going to constantly evolve and may well start to dig down into some landmines underneath. If the track does change dramatically each day I think we'll see the world cup riders come to the fore as their experience will count. I'm stoked for it now.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
How about this from the cairns one though

That rider was supposedly a pretty quick fella at state level and that easy looking feature got him
Even his flat brim hat didn't save him from that one!

Wasn't there some backstory to that one, picked up a crashed rider's bike or something...

moorey

call me Mia
Even his flat brim hat didn't save him from that one!

Wasn't there some backstory to that one, picked up a crashed rider's bike or something...
There were numerous stories. Most feasible was he was taking a bike down for a crashed rider, and brakes were opposite.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I'd heard by someone at the track that day, that he decided to walk the bike down for a crashed rider and everyone on the side line egged him on to ride it down.

sebbyreddan

Likes Dirt
I'd heard by someone at the track that day, that he decided to walk the bike down for a crashed rider and everyone on the side line egged him on to ride it down.

Yep pretty much what happened. I was a Marshal Coordinator for this section and we had to wave Peaty down so he didn't land on old mate as he was on the ground pretty much where most riders were landing in the middle of the whoops. Walked Adams bike off track so someone could take it further to the Ambo access area, I can't remember if the brakes were arse about or not, but did notice the bite point was really close to the bars, either from the crash or that was how Adam has them. This may have been what stuffed old mate up.