Is there an alternative to FiveTen Freerider Pro?

Litenbror

Eats Squid
If they’re too fucked to use, try it. If not, don’t.
Gotta be the right sikoflex though....hmmm, anyone?
The marine stuff will fix anything that can be fixed, just try and get black not white like I did last time. Patched the top of my impact pros about 3-4 months ago and the patch is going strong. Did the sole the other night and just did 20kms on it, not sure how long it will last but the grip was good. For the damage on yours may as well get a tube for $20 and use it liberally then keep those shoes for nasty muddy rides.

Edit: I'm using the DMR Moto pins so sharp as buggry.

moorey

call me Mia
The marine stuff will fix anything that can be fixed, just try and get black not white like I did last time. Patched the top of my impact pros about 3-4 months ago and the patch is going strong. Did the sole the other night and just did 20kms on it, not sure how long it will last but the grip was good. For the damage on yours may as well get a tube for $20 and use it liberally then keep those shoes for nasty muddy rides.

Edit: I'm using the DMR Moto pins so sharp as buggry.
View attachment 372397View attachment 372395View attachment 372396
291 sounds right.....but get the black stuff for the love of cliff!

Litenbror

Eats Squid
This looks like a f**king mess haha

The upper part of my Freerider Pros almost always look new..... it's always just the pin holes in the sole.....
Yeah my impacts are a few years old and split between the hard plastic and the material. Don't really care how they look as long as they work. The holes in the sole have developed from the last few months on the Moto pins, prior to that were normal pins and they were holding up well. Have also been riding a lot more so it's a combination of more kms and sharper pins. The grip of the Moto pins is noticeably better so it's a trade off. As @moorey said get black and no one will know the difference.

Flow-Rider

Burner
These have a large hole in them the size of a 20cent piece, the pedal spikes have actually dug a large hole into the red part under the rubber. I've found keeping the sikaflex tube in the deepfreeze contained in a zip lock bag makes the shelf life last longer. Don't use alcohol based cleaning products prior to the application as it delays the curing period of the glue.

I replace it every 2 to 3 weeks (ride about 4 times a week), it's more of an experiment. I intended to throw the shoes out in the first place but if I had got onto them earlier the large hole wouldn't have developed.

The sika 225 for glass has a higher MPa than most of the other stuff but I don't know how well it sticks to rubber.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
These have a large hole in them the size of a 20cent piece, the pedal spikes have actually dug a large hole into the red part under the rubber. I've found keeping the sikaflex tube in the deepfreeze contained in a zip lock bag makes the shelf life last longer. Don't use alcohol based cleaning products prior to the application as it delays the curing period of the glue.

I replace it every 2 to 3 weeks (ride about 4 times a week), it's more of an experiment. I intended to throw the shoes out in the first place but if I had got onto them earlier the large hole wouldn't have developed.

The sika 225 for glass has a higher MPa than most of the other stuff but I don't know how well it sticks to rubber.

View attachment 372440
Looks like we need a five ten sikaflex bodge thread :D

teK--

Eats Squid

View attachment 372440
damn that looks so ghetto lol...

Flow-Rider

Burner
damn that looks so ghetto lol...
Picked up what I thought was the black sikaflex and somehow came home with the white one, I can't see most writing on packets without glasses. If you don't put a thick smear over the hole it will come off pretty quickly too.

moorey

call me Mia
Picked up what I thought was the black sikaflex and somehow came home with the white one, I can't see most writing on packets without glasses. If you don't put a thick smear over the hole it will come off pretty quickly too.
Dickhead.

I’ve bought white twice accidentally too.

Clean the surface well, use plenty, can’t fix your colour issue.

teK--

Eats Squid
I saw the 291 in a small tube as well, maybe easier to store and reuse than the caulking gun style packaging?

sebbyreddan

Likes Dirt
Got myself a pair of 2FO's yesterday, haven't had a chance to try them properly but a quick pedal around my garage seems promising, there seems to be pretty good bite into the pedals, similar to 5 tens. The arch on these is higher than the five tens as well which seems to suit me better. Have to wait for this rain to clear out to give them a proper go.

teK--

Eats Squid
Got myself a pair of 2FO's yesterday, haven't had a chance to try them properly but a quick pedal around my garage seems promising, there seems to be pretty good bite into the pedals, similar to 5 tens. The arch on these is higher than the five tens as well which seems to suit me better. Have to wait for this rain to clear out to give them a proper go.
What do you think of the sizing, and the width?

teK--

Eats Squid
Yep. I always buy the big tube, use a tiny bit, then it goes off.
Almost ended up in the fuckwits thread.

Checked the shelf label, it says black.
Checked the boxes sitting on the shelf. It says black.
Grabbed a tube and started walking to the register. Check packet and it says white.
Go back to shelf and the first 5 packets in the black box are white tubes..

Turned out ok much to your disappointment.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Almost ended up in the fuckwits thread.

Checked the shelf label, it says black.
Checked the boxes sitting on the shelf. It says black.
Grabbed a tube and started walking to the register. Check packet and it says white.
Go back to shelf and the first 5 packets in the black box are white tubes..

Turned out ok much to your disappointment.

View attachment 372551
Exactly how I ended up with a large tube of white. My thought is the kids stocking shelves do it for fun, it's a pretty good joke.