Mills and Lathes

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Was this one of the Japan Steel Works ones?
Babcock Hitachi KK in Kure Works number 2 works. Built in a deep well. 400 stainless from memory though that may not be correct, was a while ago. They also had an 8,000t press. Converted to cnc. Vessel was 200% ndt. Was discussing this with #2 prior to his last exam this year. Radiography is done then offset 60 or 120 degrees and redone. Every weldment is UT and DP by multiple operators. Machines and operators calibrated / trained before every shift. Etc etc.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Keg to bsp adapter.

Added an abandoned keg to the vacuum system as a storage chamber. The chatter was free, trying to be economical with the 60mm rod stock, had to get the small internal boring bar to get between the chuck jaws and work piece. Never ends well.

Hmm, it’s an absence of atmosphere. Anti storage tank?

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Hoping you guys can help me out. I need to mount a steering wheel on servo motor. Most of the commercial units clamp from the servo shaft to either 70mm PCD or a proprietry QR. I know I will need a custom mount for my wheel as it's triangularly splined (the steering column shaft is a billion-point star) but I'm not sure whether to get a commercial unit or go custom for the base-side.

Would any of you be able to machine something or should I look somewhere else?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Can you post up pics and sizes of what has to fit to what? Bit hard to understand the scope, for me anyway. I would be unable to get to it for a couple of weeks...

Beaker74

Likes Dirt
Not mill or lathe related, but does anyone in SEQ have the capacity to ream out an old Kona seat tube from 30.0 to 30.9 so it will fit a dropper post?

Beaker74

Likes Dirt
I thought of that. But I've got 2x 30.9 droppers already and 27.2's are a little hard to come by at the moment.