New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

creaky

XMAS Plumper
it's no mystery that this has died in a ditch, and they have skulked off with the proceedes!
I very much doubt there are proceeds, if it has died off. Hope it's not the case through.

If dead, then more likely any funds obtained from crowd sourcing / froth were invested to reduce their commercial losses.

I would guess that they are tied up in development application delays, like this:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If dead, then more likely any funds obtained from crowd sourcing / froth were invested to reduce their commercial losses.
You good sir need to learn more about trusts and companies...one hand washes the other and what is dead won't steal from what is held at arm's length.

I'm not saying that is the case here, but I would certainly be keeping one lot of funds well away from the others in case I needed them.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Would be shit of the land owner saw they had some momentum and tried to leverage them for a higher rental component.
It could be something along those lines, but there is also some complexity to it as it’s not all on one plot of land. Crosses multiple properties and requires agreement of all parties.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It could be something along those lines, but there is also some complexity to it as it’s not all on one plot of land. Crosses multiple properties and requires agreement of all parties.

We've seen that undo a few clubs over the years.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
We've seen that undo a few clubs over the years.
I don’t think there is an issue of it not going ahead. Even Bare creek has issues at the end with access etc. park was complete with no way to drive into the site.

GVBP just want to have it all sorted at the start. If it takes longer so be it.

For reference.

OMV 8 years from early talks to completion
BCBP 10 years

I just think they got caught up in the froth a bit and took certain landholders at face value hence the timeline at the start only to find the negotiations have been trickier to navigate.

Flow-Rider

Burner
We had 2 proposed MTB parks fail here, one reached all the way to Development Approval stage after fighting off Greenies then the developer failed to raise enough capital to keep going and the other, the local council wanted ridiculous amounts of road works done including upgrading bridges out in the middle of nowhere.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So glad I never forked any bucks out on this joint. I've heard a few things in regards zoning, lack of DA's etc and whilst it's just rumours the lack of action on the place and information flowing seems to indicate they are correct. Fuck I hate getting all pumped up and being let down.

mark22

Likes Dirt
There is a saying I swear by "if it sounds to good to be true....." Chairlift !, rounds of UCI, Crowdfunding all with no DA approval. Pffftt.