New here.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Hey. New here.

I've had the privelage of working from home because of the coronavirus, and as a result I bought a hard tail trek, rode it around and got the taste for something more.

So i did something stupid(not really).

I bought a yeti sb150. Being built up, will be riding it from the weekend after next.

Live about 20k out from the the you yangs. So if you see some pleb on a brand new yeti that doesn't look like he knows what he's doing out there, you'd be right. Give me a yell and some pointers, then laugh at me back in the Carpark. I don't mind.

In any case -37, not a dentist, really keen to use mtb as a way to get outdoors, enjoy nature and stay fit. Hoping to make some mtb friends along the way so I'm not so lonely on the trails, and to be able to call 000 if impale myself on some tree.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Welcome. There's a few of us here that have the Youies as a local. Throw up a pic of the bike when it arrives because then you'll be recognisable! :)

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Holy smokes - that's quite the bike upgrade trajectory! Now wait until you start getting n+1's... :p (extra bikes just because).

Welcome to Rotorburn. Plenty of folks here ride at Youies, so plenty of chance to meet people here or there.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Yeah i justified the upgrade to the wife by explaining that if I don't get this, I'll have the wandering eye and end up with a stable of cheaper bikes. Its all good though, she gets a motorbike.

I have my rat bike, the yeti coming and if anything I can see a road bike in my distant future (when age dictates that lycra be integrated into my wardrobe)

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Oh I've read about and understood the risks. I have a thick skin. The warm and fuzzies I'm sure that come with yeti ownership will counteract all the bad vibes. If not I'll just get a custom paint job to confuse people, slap a giant logo on it or something like that

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Oh I've read about and understood the risks. I have a thick skin. The warm and fuzzies I'm sure that come with yeti ownership will counteract all the bad vibes. If not I'll just get a custom paint job to confuse people, slap a giant logo on it or something like that
You'll do fine around here! Welcome aboard!

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I used to have a Yeti SB66 and loved it. I hear good things about the 150. Hope you have a ball on it

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
. Hoping to make some mtb friends along the way so I'm not so lonely on the trails, and to be able to call 000 if impale myself on some tree.
can get a smart watch to do this for you, my sigma has crash alert detection and will call 2 numbers you have pre prgroammed

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Nice bike! Welcome aboard. Buy loads of tools, clothing, good shoes, mini pump, go tubeless and buy a decent hydration pack (the answer is a Henty).

If anyone tells you Yetis are for dentists, offer to remove their front teeth for free.

Have fun!

moorey

call me Mia
Nice bike! Welcome aboard. Buy loads of tools, clothing, good shoes, mini pump, go tubeless and buy a decent hydration pack (the answer is a Henty).

If anyone tells you Yetis are for dentists, offer to remove their front teeth for free.

Have fun!
Dentists AND wankers.

True on the Henty pack though.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Hey there's another person under 40 here! Hello fellow millennial, don't mind these seniors they are just a bit grumpy because "standards" keep changing on them and they are looking for excuses to buy an e-bike without sounding like they've given up.