Tyre inserts - Tried them yet?

Flow-Rider

Burner
HE starts at the valve, not me.
Never tried on my own Hope and Stans. Other people’s i9, Mavic and bontrager.
The first video is done last, maybe the liners swell up with different sealants and make the job a little harder. Keep on trying, it's bound to be easier with practice. I'd struggle to do a 29er wheel that way because my arms are a lot shorter than his.

moorey

call me Mia
The first video is done last, maybe the liners swell up with different sealants and make the job a little harder. Keep on trying, it's bound to be easier with practice. I'd struggle to do a 29er wheel that way because my arms are a lot shorter than his.

View attachment 369707
Only watched the first one. And only 2/3 of if. His experience is so far removed from reality that I switched it off and went for a shit.

sebbyreddan

Likes Dirt
It is 90% Technique and 10% brawn, my 1st time fitting Cushcore Pros to a Stans Flow EX3 27.5 took about half an hour, second one took ten minutes.
Tyre removal to wash out old sealant and put fresh sealant in took 15 min.

Watch the team yeti Cushcore vids for the easiest technique. But the main trick is to use 1 lever to hold a small amount of tension on the bead, while using the other tyre lever to push the entire section of the bead that is already under the cushcore further into the valley.

Soapy water is your friend.

Hambo,
Cushcore is perfect for the trails up at Atherton. Lower pressures to conform with and take the edge off all of the exposed rocks, combined with no fear of pinch flatting on the bigger hits.

Before Cushcore on my old M5.7c I was running tubeless 30 Psi 26 inch Minion DHF Front and 38 Psi 26inch Minion SS rear, any lower and I would either Burp the front or pinch flat the rear on the rim.
Now on the M6C with cushcore I am 22psi Front 3C EXO DHF and 27psi 3C EXO DHR on the rear. I have zero concerns about pinching or burping and I am probably going to wear out my first ever rear tyre, before I would have snakebitten it before I got anywhere near the wear levels I have on this tyre. Nearly 1000ks on the rear, it is starting to get a bit semislicky, it has some sidewall scratches that leak a bit of sealant, but it is still going.

Oh and the both rims are still perfect. Pretty impressive for a 115kg rider. Well worth the $200 ish price tag.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
For what?
Not giving enough of a shit to keep arguing with you?
Did you actually watch the video?
Read up few posts. Watched most of the first one. The valves aren’t where you start. Whatever tyre, rim and insert he used didn’t reflect reality, so I didn’t finish it. Did YOU watch it?

• Haha
Reactions: PJO

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
It is 90% Technique and 10% brawn, my 1st time fitting Cushcore Pros to a Stans Flow EX3 27.5 took about half an hour, second one took ten minutes.
Tyre removal to wash out old sealant and put fresh sealant in took 15 min.

Watch the team yeti Cushcore vids for the easiest technique. But the main trick is to use 1 lever to hold a small amount of tension on the bead, while using the other tyre lever to push the entire section of the bead that is already under the cushcore further into the valley.

Soapy water is your friend.

Hambo,
Cushcore is perfect for the trails up at Atherton. Lower pressures to conform with and take the edge off all of the exposed rocks, combined with no fear of pinch flatting on the bigger hits.

Before Cushcore on my old M5.7c I was running tubeless 30 Psi 26 inch Minion DHF Front and 38 Psi 26inch Minion SS rear, any lower and I would either Burp the front or pinch flat the rear on the rim.
Now on the M6C with cushcore I am 22psi Front 3C EXO DHF and 27psi 3C EXO DHR on the rear. I have zero concerns about pinching or burping and I am probably going to wear out my first ever rear tyre, before I would have snakebitten it before I got anywhere near the wear levels I have on this tyre. Nearly 1000ks on the rear, it is starting to get a bit semislicky, it has some sidewall scratches that leak a bit of sealant, but it is still going.

Oh and the both rims are still perfect. Pretty impressive for a 115kg rider. Well worth the $200 ish price tag.

Nice one Sebby.

Atherton's great isn't it!