FOUND

Shredden

Knows his goats
I've got a mate who has been getting into MTB riding around on a farked old Giant Boulder. I'd been keeping an eye out for him for a better hardtail for his next step up for ages, but everything used is super expensive this year. Finally found him something on FB yesterday, for $250! I was a bit worried it was stolen, but met the guy selling it and he was legit.

I actually had a Charge Duster myself (sold recently) which was fun, so I reakon this'll be sweet. I'm gonna give it a good wash and service. Everything seems to be in really good condition. So I'm just after a:

• Short stem to suit 31.8 handlebars (to replace the current super long one).
Let me know if you've got anything to suit :D

Price range/Willing to Pay: Flexible, but looking for cheaper/lower end stuff for it.
Extra Info: Here's the bike which is getting pimped out:

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
That's a damn fine covid bargain....and a damn long stem. Won't be too short in the reach after that monstrosity?

Shredden

Knows his goats
That's a damn fine covid bargain....and a damn long stem. Won't be too short in the reach after that monstrosity?
I think it'll be ok with the shorter stem, it's a size Large which is a little too small for me at 6'2 and a bit - but he's 5'10 so I reakon the shorter stem will get it right in the zone (as well as fixing the handling)

Shredden

Knows his goats
He lives in Aireys Inlet so most riding will be around Eumeralla Scout camp. So lots of flat sandy corners and terrible jumps built of sand and sticks.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have a brand new eBay oval chainring (104bcd 32t NW) you could have for $10 posted if interested. Think I also have a 30t round Hope NW ring floating somewhere too, say $25 posted?

moorey

call me Mia
Have a brand new eBay oval chainring (104bcd 32t NW) you could have for $10 posted if interested. Think I also have a 30t round Hope NW ring floating somewhere too, say $25 posted?
If Goat doesn’t want, and still selling, I’ll grab the hope for my daughter if 104bcd.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If Goat doesn’t want, and still selling, I’ll grab the hope for my daughter if 104bcd.
Will wait for a reply, will shoot you a message if it's not wanted.

This would be the 3rd item I'd have posted to shreddin in the last two weeks though, could have just bundled them all together haha.

Shredden

Knows his goats
Sorry @Isaakk , didn't get a chance to respond before. I reakon the 30t will be too small (all yours Moorey) but I'd be keen to grab the 32t oval one if it's black or silver?

Shredden

Knows his goats
Just realised, the oval may not work. The chainguide i have is an enclosed one, so the chain might hit it when the chain's at its lowest?

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just realised, the oval may not work. The chainguide i have is an enclosed one, so the chain might hit it when the chain's at its lowest?
The 32t oval at it's widest point is same width as a 34t round. Would probably have to check the guide specs.

Last edited: