What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
This whole burbing thing literally looks like the most boring riding ever. I thought it was just a thing people in lockdown were doing to stay in their areas? and yet here you are in the freedom of regional victoria riding the streets like you're working for googlemaps. At least those drivers get paid.
I was tempted to do my suburb, but then calculated the perimeter was 30km alone, and doing the whole lot was going to be 100's of KMs of suburban cul-de-sacs and lost interest.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

Minlak

custom titis
Added cable rub and down tube protection decided that’s all I’m going to do - trimmed bars - positioned levers - actually sat on it to set sag - will even ride it one day

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
2nd night ride last night.

Thankfully there was a trail group and an enduro group so was on tracks better suited to where I'm at at the moment. First time with a helmet light which made a world of difference.

2 hours of pretty solid riding and I was completely cooked, hardly any part of my body that wasn't cramping. Hooefully it doesn't take me too long to build some fitness as it's an absolute suffer fest for me on the bike at the moment.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
There are these two kids that have lately been at Stromlo the same time as I have. I reckon they are 11 and 14. The older one is ridicuously fast, he just doesn't seem to tire and weighing so little can just fly up the climbs. Yesterday the younger one passed me too. FML.

I know I'm fat and slow, and these kids are really great riders, but its kinda demoralising haha

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There are these two kids that have lately been at Stromlo the same time as I have. I reckon they are 11 and 14. The older one is ridicuously fast, he just doesn't seem to tire and weighing so little can just fly up the climbs. Yesterday the younger one passed me too. FML.

I know I'm fat and slow, and these kids are really great riders, but its kinda demoralising haha
I'm in the same boat. There's always kids flying by me as I'm plodding my way up (or down) runs and they seem to do doing effortlessly. It's worse when they've got a better bike than you do!

Then I remember that most people ride better than I do, but I'm having fun anyway (then I crash on an easy feature...). :D

tobbogonist

a registered member
Man i'll be grinding up a fireroad puffing and panting and some 15 year old will cruise past me on the back wheel with a cheeky 'hello!'. Happened twice now. He's not so good on the techy downs though. Im holding on to that. For now..
I also drive to the trail and regulary pass him riding up there on the road.. tried riding there once and didn't have any steam left. All up hill about 15 k's from home. Im going to tackle the ride from home again this afternoon.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not being all that old myself, it still amazes me just how fast some of the younger (U15) riders are. There's one or two in the local area that absolutely obliterate almost everyone up the climbs, i'll be chugging along at a fair pace and one of them will still fly past at twice the speed.

Great encouragement to "git good" and push myself though.