Hibike, Starbike, no more Sram to Australia!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I've had stuff landed in Sydney that hasn't moved in two weeks, I'm getting sick of this shit.
When the Sharona started, I had a HiBike get kicked around a Sydney warehouse for 2 weeks, next thing it was delivered with the tracking still saying it was in Syd.

The local stuff is moving quick now, Pushys was only 5 days and an order a few weeks back went from Sydney at 2-3pm to my place at midday the next day. I was shocked.

Flow-Rider

Burner
When the Sharona started, I had a HiBike get kicked around a Sydney warehouse for 2 weeks, next thing it was delivered with the tracking still saying it was in Syd.

The local stuff is moving quick now, Pushys was only 5 days and an order a few weeks back went from Sydney at 2-3pm to my place at midday the next day. I was shocked.
I think the problem is in the customs department. Got about 5 different parcels that are stuck there, mainly fishing gear like hooks and reel handles.

ozzybmx

Sadly the world is pretty f$%#ed up at the moment and I feel for customs taking delivery of shit from other places with no information of packing/postal covid outbreaks in the country of export, I completely understand keeping a package in a warehouse for a while to let the surface presence of any virus die before it gets handled locally if it keeps us here in Oz corona safe.
Just need to get shot of it internally at the moment.

I bought a set of Time pedals from a bloke on FB a week back, he sent them express and they were here in a couple of days. He sent me a message the day after sending telling me he was now in lockdown in the Melbourne CBD area, he said he and family were all clear but to sterilise the package and pedals when I got them. It was a 2 pair of gloves process to get them out of the package and wipe them carefully with alco wipes.

Pretty good of him to tell me, I didn't pay any attention geographically where I had bought them from.

Last edited:

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I've got a Bike24 order that's been sitting in a warehouse since June 27th, after taking more than a week just to process and dispatch, and another in UK which has been parked for a week, also after taking a week to process & dispatch.

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My Bike24 purchase made on July 4.....

Most recent update
Cleared and awaiting international departure
FRANKFURT (DE)
Date & timeThu 9 Jul • 6:55am

Hmmm.........glad i'm not in a hurry.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
I've got a chainies order sitting in Frankfurt as well!

I reckon they're waiting on enough freight to Aus to warrant a flight

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I've had a Bike24 and two CRC packages come through from DHL.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I used planet cyclery and looks like the thing is in Sydney already. Not bad. With FF and zegermans geoblocked like mad, looks like the US is attractive place to shop again. And the USD is slightly more favorable too.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I used planet cyclery and looks like the thing is in Sydney already. Not bad. With FF and zegermans geoblocked like mad, looks like the US is attractive place to shop again. And the USD is slightly more favorable too.
Sydney seems to be the bottleneck of the whole trip from my experience.

Going to wait until the end of this week and rip up Australia post sideways.

ozzybmx

The tin bird has flown ! Went a quick trip to Bunnings, came back to this tucked below the mat.

Realistically, still not bad considering what's going on, 3 weeks exactly from Bike24 dispatch to here.

Pick up tomorrow ?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Yeah customs, that's the intersting part now.

But looks like the land of the free holds true. You can get anything for any price in any time frame if you throw money at it. True Americanism!
I paid for 16-20 days delivery and it's just almost a month now, most of the packages arrived in Sydney within two weeks.