LIGHTS MEGATHREAD - all questions on riding lights asked and answered here!!!

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Has anyone tried these lights?

I've got a solarstorm from eBay on the way for my helmet, but kind of like the look of this for the front.

View attachment 364526

Think there is an additional 0 in that lumen claim which makes me dubious....

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
I’ve run a pretend 20000 2 beam for years. All I needed until eyes started to fail recently. Just added the 3 beam to the bars for wider spread.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/322011076736
Got the 3 way ordered but it won't be here for a while (some fwit mistakenly ordered from a Chinese seller for same price as local).

Thinking of getting something else local to get me started and putting the 3 way on the lid when (if) it eventually arrives.

moorey

call me Mia
Mine was Aussie seller. Only $4 more than cheapest Chinese seller and was here in a few days. Not that it helps you now, sorry.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got a few of those 11Ty billion lumen multi emitter lights. They are ok but the low depth of the lease makes.for a very floody beam with little penetration. The case is well made but heavy, they are a bit underwhelming in my opinion in terms of output. But exceptionally cheap....
If I get some spare time I want to mod one to run 3 or 4 xhp70.2 if I can find the reflectors

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Solarstorm X3 billion lumen lights arrived a week or so ago, with no instructions.

Highly complicated bits like mounting to the bars and plugging the cable in I've managed, but I'm curious about the charger. Had it plugged in for most of a day and the charger light went from red to amber after a few hours. Does it go green eventually or is amber mean it's good to go? I get all 3 lights on the back on, which I gather means it's fully charged.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Solarstorm X3 billion lumen lights arrived a week or so ago, with no instructions.

Highly complicated bits like mounting to the bars and plugging the cable in I've managed, but I'm curious about the charger. Had it plugged in for most of a day and the charger light went from red to amber after a few hours. Does it go green eventually or is amber mean it's good to go? I get all 3 lights on the back on, which I gather means it's fully charged.
You must have the deluxe model, every chinese charge I've ever had just has red and green for the LED's. The cut off voltage and charge current varies a bit between the various chargers in my collection but you are aiming for 8.4 Volts (assuming this is the typical 2S installation) when charged, check with a multi meter.