Nup to the Cup

indica

Serial flasher
So you're telling me the beer ran off the shelf and forced themselves upon the person?
No, where did I say that?
NO ONE goes.. fuck YES, I'll get myself addicted to meth and have my brain destroyed, that will help with my issues.

You are an ignorant troll and I feel very sorry for anyone close to you that has an issue. Clearly you will not offer any supprt as it serves them right, they chose to be addicted. Hopefully you never have children.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
No, where did I say that?
NO ONE goes.. fuck YES, I'll get myself addicted to meth and have my brain destroyed, that will help with my issues.

You are an ignorant troll and I feel very sorry for anyone close to you that has an issue. Clearly you will not offer any supprt as it serves them right, they chose to be addicted. Hopefully you never have children.
So how does someone get addicted to alcohol in the first place? It requires them to make the initial decision to keep on drinking and not hold on for a minute and think maybe their drinking is excessive?

Same deal with meth use, they need to make the decision to off and ram a needle in them. It's not like these products force themselves onto people and give them no choice, it at first requires them to make the decision to continue with it.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Hello there I’m Mr Ed.
When I got up out of bed
I don’t know I’d end up dead
They whipped me to my deathbed
Because I was a thoroughbred

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
You still choose to have that first bottle of beer, you still choose to keep going.

It's a decision they've made. Of course there should still be AA and drug rehab though, I'll never advocate to get rid of them all I'm saying is it requires a first initial decision.

Anyways it's funny how far off topic we've gone lmao

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Skydome You could be just [ male I presume ] premenopausal.
How old are you ?
Anyway at least half of gambling addiction is reinforcement of genetic opiate receptors .
Although they choose to gamble or take drugs and they should resist it , they have strong family histories of poor impulse control and addiction to smoking ,alcohol or whatever.
The interesting thing is that much of addictive behaviours is thru a common opiate pathway.
They are prone to gambling , the racing industry depends on them but I still hold them responsible for their actions once this has been explained to them.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
How old are you ?
Anyway at least half of gambling addiction is reinforcement of genetic opiate receptors .
Although they choose to gamble or take drugs and they should resist it , they have strong family histories of poor impulse control and addiction to smoking ,alcohol or whatever.
The interesting thing is that much of addictive behaviours is thru a common opiate pathway.
They are prone to gambling , the racing industry depends on them but I still hold them responsible for their actions once this has been explained to them.
Precambrian.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
you still choose to keep going.

It's a decision they've made.
No it isn't. For you and others, yeah sure...it's a normal decision made with whatever factors must he weighed up. For the addict it is not a decision, it's a dependency. If they don't...they feel like you do each time you go cold turkey on fucking your goats. Their weakness is determined before they are born and reinforced by their environment.

Long personal story removed because fuck it.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How old are you ?
I heard a bloke from Finland or one of those progressive euro countries talking about a study on addiction. (Correct me if i’m wrong) They tested a group by allowing them to have as much drugs as they wanted, unlimited. Out of each groups only a few % became addicted and/or showed signs of addiction. In these cases the people had an underlying mental health issues/trauma/abuse etc and didn’t just get enjoyment of the drugs but also used them to self medicate.
The rest of the group didn’t want to use drugs day in day out because they something in their lives to live for rather than getting wasted all time. Think explained it as them having “hope” “purpose” etc.
Imo there is a clear link between mental health and addiction. Addicts have little to no self control due to circumstances they most likely didn’t choose.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I heard a bloke from Finland or one of those progressive euro countries talking about a study on long /slack bikes. (Correct me if i’m wrong, but POLE) They tested a group by allowing them to have as much downhill as they wanted, unlimited. Out of each groups only a few % became addicted and/or showed signs of addiction. In these cases the people had an underlying mental health issues/trauma/abuse etc and didn’t just get enjoyment of the gravity but also used them to self medicate.
The rest of the group didn’t want to use gravity day in day out because they wanted something in their lives to live for rather than getting busted up all the time. Think explained it as them having “hope” “purpose” etc.
Imo there is a clear link between mental health and addiction. Addicts have little to no self control due to circumstances they most likely didn’t choose.
Well said.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Your original post was about investing in solar energy so I asked how that would create low skilled work?
No it wasn't.

Anyone seen the footage of the people dressed as T-Rexs running down the horse track.

Now that's a industry I could get behind.